JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Having driven three different cars to four land speed records over 200MPH, and logged over one hundred miles at over 200MPH in the process, I can safely say;

"If you understand, no explanation is necessary.
If you don't understand, no explanation is possible."
I'm one of the I don't get it people, but I'll also be the first one to tell you that what I think doesn't matter.

What bothers me is the people left behind when people check out during these events. And not so much friends and spouses, they volunteered, so no compassion from me. If they leave behind children, my Dogmeat Meter gets pegged.

P

I think that people pushing the limits of what's possible is pretty cool and a part of being human. Mountain climbing or similar activities could also be considered pointless. I guess if you get it you get it and if you don't you don't.
Exactly .. No one needs a middle-man to dictate choice for you, in how you choose to push and test your personal skills to it's limit .
edit add:
and this just in ... U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics says, Roof Fall Fatalities are UP 15% in the USA . So don't let your children be victim, in your freedom of choosing for yourself how to clean the Rain Gutters .

Exactly .. No one needs a middle-man to dictate choice for you, in how you choose to push and test your personal skills to it's limit .
edit add:
and this just in ... U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics says, Roof Fall Fatalities are UP 15% in the USA . So don't let your children be victim, in your freedom of choosing for yourself how to clean the Rain Gutters .
I hope you really don't equate the two scenarios.

I hope you really don't equate the two scenarios.
You mean the sponsored Redbull athletes, and Guy on a Roof cleaning his Gutters ?
then, YES . because the two scenarios have the same common connection . Both are made with people, motivation, plan, and execution . Both can lead to equal death .

No one Died in the Redbull event, but Dying while having children has nothing to do with personal choose made to make your short time here alive fulfilled. .
what you said .
..." What bothers me is the people left behind when people check out during these events. And not so much friends and spouses, they volunteered, so no compassion from me. If they leave behind children, my Dogmeat Meter gets pegged . "
Belief in that, then any Person/extreme sport athletes, Military soldiers, SAR, LE, professional pilots, Astronauts, ..Etc. that have children . Should live under someone else's rules for living life.

Ain't a rule. Mine or otherwise. I don't have that kind of power.

The following is my opinion only. I thought I made that point already when I said that what I think doesn't matter, but evidently that part got by you. So let's be clear, this is my opinion only.

Deliberately courting death while pushing the envelope on a pointless venture is ridiculous in the extreme. Even more so when the "daredevil" has children counting on him/her.

Risk your life so you can see how far/fast/high/low/up/down/sideways you can go, knock yourself out, but I'll just shake my head when/if that little bolt shears off and the daredevil turns into a story instead of a person.

Leaving kids behind is the height of irresponsible. Priorities change when kids are involved.

Suggesting that pushing the limits for the sake of pushing limits is the same as suiting up to protect our country or community is laughable, as is comparing it to cleaning out the gutters. People die in their sleep sometimes, too, is that the same? Of course not.

Like I said, I'm among those who don't get it. I also will shed no tear for those who pull the very whiskers of Death, as Kipling wrote. Because sometimes Death pulls back.

P

The following is my opinion only. I thought I made that point already when I said that what I think doesn't matter, but evidently that part got by you. So let's be clear, this is my opinion only.

Deliberately courting death while pushing the envelope on a pointless venture is ridiculous in the extreme. Even more so when the "daredevil" has children counting on him/her.

Risk your life so you can see how far/fast/high/low/up/down/sideways you can go, knock yourself out, but I'll just shake my head when/if that little bolt shears off and the daredevil turns into a story instead of a person.

Leaving kids behind is the height of irresponsible. Priorities change when kids are involved.

Suggesting that pushing the limits for the sake of pushing limits is the same as suiting up to protect our country or community is laughable, as is comparing it to cleaning out the gutters. People die in their sleep sometimes, too, is that the same? Of course not.

Like I said, I'm among those who don't get it. I also will shed no tear for those who pull the very whiskers of Death, as Kipling wrote. Because sometimes Death pulls back.

P
I do lots of pointless stuff for fun. I guess I'm just more concerned about dying than those guys. To each his own.

Both of these jackass stunts really make civil aviation look bad, all for likes it clicks on YouTube! Both did a great wrong and both will pay a very heavy price! The Trevor Jackobs stunt should carry a prison sentence, as it is, the FAA pulled his licence, initially for One Year, but has sense been extended to 10 years, subject to full board review! The red bull stunt was almost as bad, they were denied permit and permission to do that, went ahead and did it anyway, and destroyed a perfectly good airplane!

Here is where both need to serve time, both willfully put the public at risk, ether of those perfectly good aircraft could have crashed into a public space, caused a forest fire, or property damage! Both were simply stupid stunts to generate clicks or likes with zero refused for the public safety or environmental concerns! That no one on the ground was hurt is a miracle, and that no forest/wild land fires resulted is a blessing! In the case of Trevor, he needs to loose his flying privileges permentally, the red bull idiots need to be banned from any aviation stunts permentally!
This all makes general aviation operations look bad, and dosnt make a good impression on young people looking to take up flying!

Both of these jackass stunts really make civil aviation look bad, all for likes it clicks on YouTube! Both did a great wrong and both will pay a very heavy price! The Trevor Jackobs stunt should carry a prison sentence, as it is, the FAA pulled his licence, initially for One Year, but has sense been extended to 10 years, subject to full board review! The red bull stunt was almost as bad, they were denied permit and permission to do that, went ahead and did it anyway, and destroyed a perfectly good airplane!

Here is where both need to serve time, both willfully put the public at risk, ether of those perfectly good aircraft could have crashed into a public space, caused a forest fire, or property damage! Both were simply stupid stunts to generate clicks or likes with zero refused for the public safety or environmental concerns! That no one on the ground was hurt is a miracle, and that no forest/wild land fires resulted is a blessing! In the case of Trevor, he needs to loose his flying privileges permentally, the red bull idiots need to be banned from any aviation stunts permentally!
This all makes general aviation operations look bad, and dosnt make a good impression on young people looking to take up flying!
Reads like petty jealousy for them daring to have the Balls in exercising freedom of fun in the Air . BoooHooo .. and screw the FAA refused NOTAM that was submitted more than once for them to use the vertical airspace in a non populated area . Redbull, Destruction of ones own personal property, No forest fires, and children were hurt ... in fact No one actually hurt at all, in a sponsored stunt that was planned, practiced and worked out for months with a couple of jumpers and pilots that are at minimum top 10% of the sport, along with a competent sport ground crew .
-
-

P

I agree that the more humans you have counting on your being alive, the safer you should probably take it.

I think there's needs to be a balance between extreme danger and a bland milquetoast existence. Most of this stuff isn't all that dangerous if you stay within your skill level. These guys are at the pinnacle of their sport. Hope they try again.

I agree that the more humans you have counting on your being alive, the safer you should probably take it.

I think there's needs to be a balance between extreme danger and a bland milquetoast existence. Most of this stuff isn't all that dangerous if you stay within your skill level. These guys are at the pinnacle of their sport. Hope they try again.

Jesse Combs was at the pinnacle of her sport on August 27, 2019. No kids. Good.

Reads like petty jealousy for them daring to have the Balls in exercising freedom of fun in the Air . BoooHooo .. and screw the FAA refused NOTAM that was submitted more than once for them to use the vertical airspace in a non populated area . Redbull, Destruction of ones own personal property, No forest fires, and children were hurt ... in fact No one actually hurt at all, in a sponsored stunt that was planned, practiced and worked out for months with a couple of jumpers and pilots that are at minimum top 10% of the sport, along with a competent sport ground crew .
-
-
No, it was just wreckles and stupid, there is no excuse for any of it! And now, civil aviation will be under increased scrutiny from the FAA and other authorities, not something we need or deserve! There are plenty of YouTube content creators out there who do it right, follow the rules and make aviation fun and more accessable, and have a wide audience, and are an inspiration to others, these jackarses just ruined a sizable chunk of it with their selfish lawlessness!
Red bull were told NO, Twice, and there were very good reasons why, and yet they went and did it anyway, there is NO Excuse for that, ever! Trevor is just a stupid human who got caught doing something incredibly dangerous that could have killed someone or done massive damage, he deserves everything he gets!

Yep bubblegum happens. You can die doing what you love, you could get hit by a drunk driver or a blood vessel could just let go or you could die bubblegumting yourself in a home. We all end up the same way. Cliche, but it's what you do with the time you have.

Yep bubblegum happens. You can die doing what you love, you could get hit by a drunk driver or a blood vessel could just let go or you could die bubblegumting yourself in a home. We all end up the same way. Cliche, but it's what you do with the time you have.
And bubblegum tends to happen a lot more frequently when you go looking for it.

Ending up in an early grave because you're chasing the lightning is stupid. And enough with the false equivalence argument about drunk drivers and buses. Sure, we all end up the same way, but checking out at 39 "doing what you love" because you might get hit by a bus makes no sense.

Life is too precious.

Last Edited:
And bubblegum tends to happen a lot more frequently when you go looking for it.

Ending up in an early grave because you're chasing the lightning is stupid. And enough with the false equivalence argument about drunk drivers and buses. Sure, we all end up the same way, but checking out at 39 "doing what you love" because you might get hit by a bus makes no sense.

Life is too precious.
As long as they're not hurting anyone else I figure it's their decision. There are far worse ways to be stupid.

Yep stuff like that is a great example of the people who do "stuff" like this. No real reason, and sadly some die young doing it. For those who do this and have spouse and kids? Sad that they leave kids with them gone. Spouse can choose to stay or go. As I mentioned when I was a kid the drivers of the Unlimited boats that raced here loved what they were doing, knowing that every time they went out they may not come back alive. Look at the test pilots we had when we were learning how to break the sound barrier and go into space? Or the ones we often do not hear about who work undercover doing stuff we probably do not even want to know about. Lot of them die, and knew they were risking life. Not for me but, hey they got to do what they loved to do. :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top