JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a " pro " applicator 1 color cerakote job I had done over 5 years ago. Not sure exactly when, but it is far less than a decade old. No significant exposure to salt, heat ,or extreme cold. No prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. This flashlight has bounced around a few vehicles in trunk bags and first aid kits. I noticed some blistering today and started digging a bit with my thumbnail. This is the result.

20220615_135638.jpg 20220615_135646.jpg 20220615_135713.jpg

I have no doubt that cerakote would tell me that surface prep , original finish, base metal, applicator error, improper cure procedure, or some other excuse caused this. Really don't care . Just thought I'd share my experience.

Newsflash, coatings wear off, no matter what the marketing claims. Any applied coating, it is not a matter of if, but when it will show wear.

I have never been impressed with Cerakote and have always considered it all show and no go.

Looks like typical impact wear.

Last Edited:
Newsflash, coatings wear off, no matter what the marketing claims. Any applied coating, it is not a matter of if, but when it will show wear.

I have never been impressed with Cerakote and have always considered it all show and no go.

Looks like typical impact wear.
Per your edit.
That's the impact of my thumbnail. And no, I'm not the Samsonite gorilla.

20220615_163011.jpg 20220615_163018.jpg 20220615_163025.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top