JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It turns out that it was from some sort of survey service. They came looking for their toy i guess.Guy denied seeing it and yes its out of city limits where they are. From what I understand there is no law that says you cant do this in Oregon. Ever get a picture in the mail of your house from the air wanting you too buy one? I wasnt there i cant say for sure this happened or not but like i said this guy has never lied to me before(better not im his boss!) so i have no reason not to believe him. I was simply curios and asked a question.

It turns out that it was from some sort of survey service. They came looking for their toy i guess.Guy denied seeing it and yes its out of city limits where they are. From what I understand there is no law that says you cant do this in Oregon. Ever get a picture in the mail of your house from the air wanting you too buy one? I wasnt there i cant say for sure this happened or not but like i said this guy has never lied to me before(better not im his boss!) so i have no reason not to believe him. I was simply curios and asked a question.

Interesting. Did your neighbor have an estimate of the altitude of the drone, and specifically the height above ground level (or AGL in pilot terms)? I'm asking since there is a huge gray area with regard to drones and airspace. People have a right to privacy, but at the same time the FAA regulates all airspace. For example, as a pilot I could leisurely orbit at a defined, safe altitude above a piece of land so long as I'm not violating any airspace regulations, and not too low to the ground over heavily-populated areas.

As an aside, I suggest that you do not post too many specific details about this incident. These forums do appear in Google search results and you wouldn't want to get your neighbor in trouble.

Peter

Interesting. Did your neighbor have an estimate of the altitude of the drone, and specifically the height above ground level (or AGL in pilot terms)? I'm asking since there is a huge gray area with regard to drones and airspace. People have a right to privacy, but at the same time the FAA regulates all airspace. For example, as a pilot I could leisurely orbit at a defined, safe altitude above a piece of land so long as I'm not violating any airspace regulations, and not too low to the ground over heavily-populated areas.

As an aside, I suggest that you do not post too many specific details about this incident. These forums do appear in Google search results and you wouldn't want to get your neighbor in trouble.

Peter
Not my neighbor was a story i heard from someone else and was just curious. but ya im done.

The FAA is trying to shut down the new businesses that have sprung up to take drone pics for the real estate market. Way to kill off new opportunities, you fed goons

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top