JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So one of the guys that works for me came up too my office this morning and asked if I knew anything about these small helicopter things. I said you mean quad copters or also called drones. He said ya I guess thats what it is is. He proceedes to tell me that his neighbor brought one over to his house last night that said neighbor shot down with his shotgun. Neighbor said that this thing was flying over the area making circles slowly as if casing the area. So shoots it down and my employee says its fairly big about 2.5 square the body is made from carbon fiber has forward and down facing cameras neither have a memory card so it was sending footage from it to where ever. He said the top was black but the underside was a light grey. Cloud camo im guessing. So IM just curious if any of yall have an idea of who would be canvassing the skies over outer Oregon city? As of yet no one has come looking for this thing.

Sounds like a watercooler yarn to me and or the "neighbor" just crashed his rig and thought it'd make a good story. If it's true (but who would bother to vet such a claim and who cares), I'd just say "that's nice. Good shooting".

If "the neighbor" was for reals, he could and perhaps should take quite a few close-up photo's of the pellet holes and particulars regarding model numbers of the various hardware/devices and call the news station claiming he had found the device where ever but not speak of the photos taken. By rights, they'd not give up their source regardless.. so if it is indeed "the man", he'd perhaps not be paid a visit.. though arguably, with the "live feed camera" they'd likely know who did it anyway.
Sounds like a buncha hooey anyway and the fella just needs and or has a new hobby trying to bait people about something "unprovable".
"Oh, he already threw it away.." yadda. lol

Don't tell anyone, but my co-worker and I are subcontractors for the Illuminati and we often perform favors for a few "special" members of the Bilderberger group. Now, for the record I cannot confirm or deny that Oregon City and the surrounding areas have, let's say...fallen under suspicion as being a hot bed for right-wing extremism, but let's just say that we spend a lot of time playing with our "toys". Final word....do not ever approach the tan colored Pontiac Aztek with the tinted windows...just saying.

Sounds like a federal felony to me along with a couple state felonys. I'd suggest your moron neighbor find a lawyer and hope no one with a swat team comes knocking.

I generally tend to believe what this employee says to be true. But its not to say his neighbor is filling him with a buncha crapola. Yes i wish he would have taken a pic of the thing though.

So he claims to have 'shot down with his shotgun'? If this is in fact any way true was he within City Limits? Also I would think the neighbor would keep it to show around for a while. But maybe like the legendary Hogzilla he buried it in an unmarked location.....

Very true.. it seems, on the surface, (ha) like it was a simple "innocent" way for your golden boy to make you spew perhaps "incriminating" information about yourself for sport.. for whatever purpose.. perhaps a haha or perhaps something else. It really is a sport for many and little is gotten engaging, howsoever, people doing things/"saying" things like this.
I'd a said "that's nice, get to work".
But that essentially begs of the OP's OP.

The drone could have easily been owned by a private owner, and using real-time video (called first-person view, or FPV) streamed back to the owner/pilot of the drone. These little drones can fly amazing distances.

Peter

droneloads_zpsabb8ce1a.jpg

Just picked one of these up yesterday. First flight was a night flight :s0155:

Awesome!

Add one of these LED headlamps. They draw very little current, may take away about 20 secs of flight time at most, and are VERY bright. Can be mounted beneath if you use a camera.

I took mine over to my buddy's house and flew it up to his teenage daughter's bedroom window (no camera, what do you think I am?) with that light on it HAHAHA. She thought a real helicopter was outside her window and freaked. Payback for her attempted TP-ing of my house. (Thank you Dakota Alert)

BTW, I went drunk-flying and crashed one to pieces but sold it on Ebay for $275!, replaced for $375.00. Back at it again .....

All kidding aside, I don't believe it is OK to go in close to someone's house/property with a camera mounted. Just not cool. Wide 1080p aerials up high over areas is a different story. I have a Mobius I can use. Waiting for GoPro to 'fix' their latest Hero4 camera before purchasing (LD shots are poor).

Photographers have found a whole new market with these things; fly-overs at 1080p of people's properties, homes for sale, etc. Filming outdoor weddings, that sort of thing.

Funny how people get angry or upset about something they don't understand. These are TOYS people, that is all. There is nothing covert about them. You can hear them from 50 yards away.

if this did actually happen, wouldn't the cameras picked up who exactly shot down there drone/helicopter? and already dealt with it? since shotgun range is fairly short?

:bsflag:

figured as much

I am really thinking of getting one as well as the glasses that link to the camera,
my only hesitation is that I need one that will function 1.5 miles line-of-sight from the Control Unit, it must also be able to maintain an altitude of at least 1000 feet. It would a great force multiplier!
I could sit in my Barco-lounger and patrol my AO!

I'm going to use these for keeping an eye on our land when we build the new home.. have 2200 feet of back HWY to watch and we have garbage dumpers and illegal alien brush thieves. Going to build a few birdhouses for them so deployment is much faster

Awesome!

Add one of these LED headlamps. They draw very little current, may take away about 20 secs of flight time at most, and are VERY bright. Can be mounted beneath if you use a camera.

I took mine over to my buddy's house and flew it up to his teenage daughter's bedroom window (no camera, what do you think I am?) with that light on it HAHAHA. She thought a real helicopter was outside her window and freaked. Payback for her attempted TP-ing of my house. (Thank you Dakota Alert)

BTW, I went drunk-flying and crashed one to pieces but sold it on Ebay for $275!, replaced for $375.00. Back at it again .....

All kidding aside, I don't believe it is OK to go in close to someone's house/property with a camera mounted. Just not cool. Wide 1080p aerials up high over areas is a different story. I have a Mobius I can use. Waiting for GoPro to 'fix' their latest Hero4 camera before purchasing (LD shots are poor).

Photographers have found a whole new market with these things; fly-overs at 1080p of people's properties, homes for sale, etc. Filming outdoor weddings, that sort of thing.

Funny how people get angry or upset about something they don't understand. These are TOYS people, that is all. There is nothing covert about them. You can hear them from 50 yards away.

got to messing around and hooked up a old cell phone to the go pro holder using rubber bands. now I'm getting a little more use out of the old phone and It didn't affect the flying at all. pictures turned out well too.

Sounds like a federal felony to me along with a couple state felonys. I'd suggest your moron neighbor find a lawyer and hope no one with a swat team comes knocking.

Curious......can you quote any of these laws? Maybe post them so we all can read them. If I see a drone flying around my yard and make several circles. It would not be flying anymore................Privacy issues.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top