JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went to highschool with a gal who had that last name.
Hmm.. If there was relation, I sure did miss out.
Now if only I could find a woman with the last name.. Kalashnikov.
:)

I have one... See my (old) thread under Big Bore Airguns for some of the specifics. Mine is the .308 Exile. I had some quality issues, but really haven't given Mr. Q the opportunity to take care of it, so don't want to suggest that he wouldn't. Do you have specific questions? If you're thinking along the lines of 'should I buy one'; are you aware of the purchase lottery? There're a lot fewer of them out there than the market would like, and you've really got to admire him keeping the price to (relatively) reasonable. The few that come up for auction sell for at least twice what Quackenbush sells them for.

Just to throw in a little bit of comparison; since then, I've picked up an older (and nicely modified) Korean .50 cal, and I'm really hard pressed to pick which I like better. The DAQ is lighter, and has better range, the Shinsung seems more robust, and puts one heck of a lot of energy on target at 50 yards.

You would do much better to go with ExtremeBigboreAirguns, or XP-Airguns (if the waiting list isn't still out of this world with XP) if you want to go the domestic bigbore route. DAQ's (aka Quakenbush) are not well known for being accurate guns.

Consider getting a Sam Yang, and having it tuned by Will Piatt of SaddleMountainGunsmith. Very accurate rifles.

From all I have read, DAQ is "mouse ears" accurate at 100 yards with any of his big bores guns. What kind of range are you looking at?
Just to note, Extreme and XP generally cost a LOT more money. I'd love to get a Quigley 72, but don't have thousands to spare, and if I did, I'd go for a MAC35 or bigger gun.

Edit: To be specific, I have seen the kind of pics you post, and DO trust what you have said, just curious why the specific opinion toward DAQ.
Thanks! ~QJ

From all I have read, DAQ is "mouse ears" accurate at 100 yards with any of his big bores guns. What kind of range are you looking at?
Just to note, Extreme and XP generally cost a LOT more money. I'd love to get a Quigley 72, but don't have thousands to spare, and if I did, I'd go for a MAC35 or bigger gun.

Edit: To be specific, I have seen the kind of pics you post, and DO trust what you have said, just curious why the specific opinion toward DAQ.
Thanks! ~QJ

Qjay, do you have any links demonstrating this DAQ accuracy you speak of?

For several years, I frequented the airgun forums that the DAQ rifle owners frequent most. Over that time, I would every so often ask bigbore owners to demonstrate the accuracy of their rifles, while at the same time demonstrating the accuracy of my tuned 909. Other than a select couple of examples (a single .308 DAQ comes to mind), my requests fell on deaf ears. Seldom would anyone with a DAQ want to compare (only one .308 comes to mind). People I know that have owned DAQ .45's have failed to get any accuracy out of them after trying many, many boolit designs. The whole "airgun barrel" thing DAQ has going is simply marketing. The TOTW firearm barrel liners (as well as the Korean 909 barrels) have demonstrated over time to be far superior to DAQ's "airgun barrels".

Here's one for long range shooting (200 yd and up) with the .308
http://www.bigboreairguns.com/longrangeshooting/index.htm

That site has a lot of info about accuracy and penetration, like on this nearly stock .50 cal
http://www.bigboreairguns.com/505mag/index.htm

Here's a review, with info but no pics.
<broken link removed>

You can find Tom Gaylord reviews on the Pyramid Air blog, and there is one that he posted on the Quackenbush website with plenty of pics. http://www.quackenbushairguns.com/bandit_1.html

The only reason I included that last one was because it had good pics.

That said, I would definitely love a Dragon Claw, any of the Evanix or Korean guns, and would enjoy a chance to try a Gargoyle, on top of the others I have mentioned. Frankly, any of those guns is likely to be more accurate than I am, even benched, with a good scope.

The above linked DAQ .308 is the one I referred to in my previous post. I now recall another DAQ .308 that was proven accurate. Still can't recall seeing any real proof of an accurate DAQ .457, but recall hearing about PLENTY that weren't.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top