JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMHO the best way to handle the "homelessness problem is to round them up and give them all a bus ticket to Santa Monica, DPRK or other bastions of compassion for useless eaters. That area is full to bursting with Democrats engaging in paroxysms of sympathy for bums who serve no earthly purpose than to beef up the Dems' voter base. Malibu Babs should invite the Legions Hanging Sign to camp out on her estate and smoke crack on her couch.

What the heck happened to them camping out of town along the RR tracks? Must have been too far to panhandle or maybe it was too noisy.
I'd like to see the how many are even from the Portland area :rolleyes:

Dude, FRAKIN trains are LOUD! With my tinnitus, I have to cover my ears because of the pain... and that's not including if they hit the horn! :eek:

IMHO the best way to handle the "homelessness problem is to round them up and give them all a bus ticket to Santa Monica, DPRK or other bastions of compassion for useless eaters. That area is full to bursting with Democrats engaging in paroxysms of sympathy for bums who serve no earthly purpose than to beef up the Dems' voter base. Malibu Babs should invite the Legions Hanging Sign to camp out on her estate and smoke crack on her couch.

Who do you think gave a LOT of those dolts bus tickets to get up here? o_O:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I've kinda wondered why we don't have and/or make separate communities for them. There's a lot of people on earth, but there's still massive swaths of unused, extremely isolated land out there. I say create shanty towns and let them farm, manufacture drugs, gather berries, WTFever and pretty much leave them alone.

If I was super rich, I'd buy up logged out timber land in rural areas and just give them a "town" of their own, 20 miles from the nearest sane/productive human being.

I guess problem is they'd probably all just wander off hungry or die of starvation. And murder.

What the heck happened to them camping out of town along the RR tracks? Must have been too far to panhandle or maybe it was too noisy.
I'd like to see the how many are even from the Portland area :rolleyes:
When it finally started to get cold and rain on the Portland occupiers I kinda went yay.

I used to deliver boxes of old clothes and blankets to homeless people right in the parks and loading docks where I found them. Now, I'm sort of rethinking that as I've noticed a distinct shift in the population.

At one time, there was a high ratio of physical handicaps and obvious mental disabilities - serious conditions that make potential employers subconsciously hire "better qualified" candidates. And I felt a sense of duty to help.

Now, I encounter tribes of seemingly able-bodied young folks (a half or third my age) with pit bull puppies, blond dreds and yards of extensive/expensive tattoo work. Villages of loudly profane twenty-somethings on cell phones, bumming cigarettes and energy drinks from each other, and bouncing skateboards off the ankles of passersby. Downtown Portland reeks of stale urine today like Seattle has for years.

Probably in direct proportion to this trend, my innate charitable nature has shrunk considerably. And it makes me sad because I know that many of these "kids" are Veterans with PTSD and precious few prospects in a city that seems to revolve around educated professional hipsters with the resources to practice daily hygiene. "I know, right?"

I can't imagine what the solution might be regarding this nomadic culture, and for that reason I'm glad I'm not king of the world. But I do know we need to positively identify and provide better care for our military Veterans. I'd be far more inclined to support any facility where the price of admission was a DD-214 or a VA hospital ID card.

Last Edited:
I've kinda wondered why we don't have and/or make separate communities for them. There's a lot of people on earth, but there's still massive swaths of unused, extremely isolated land out there. I say create shanty towns and let them farm, manufacture drugs, gather berries, WTFever and pretty much leave them alone.

If I was super rich, I'd buy up logged out timber land in rural areas and just give them a "town" of their own, 20 miles from the nearest sane/productive human being.

I guess problem is they'd probably all just wander off hungry or die of starvation. And murder.

We would have to wall it off so they can't wonder back.
They stay in the city because these useless tree huggers and people who need to feel like they are contributing to a "cause" will endlessly hand them money, on top of the wealth of govt benefits they already suck off from us.

My friend was paralyzed jumping in a pool. He is paralyzed from the chest down.
He was denied social security because last year he made too much money, However, he was walking then.
Meanwhile so crackheads were in there getting their money.

I used to live on the spring water corridor between Gresham and Boring, once the rail line was abandoned and the trail was paved I knew it was just a matter of time until it went south.
It may be of interest to some that in the old school original land deed that I kept, it states that after the property that was taken under imminent domain was no longer used and abandoned by the rail line, the property was to be returned to the owners.
That was 25 years ago, the deed was from the very early 1900's

We need to arrange for a 2 year program to get people "off the streets". Then they're either out of town, or in a facility. While vagrancy laws are unconstitutional, there need to be curbs on their behavior.

The solution IMO is simple, re-institutionalization. The problem is to do it correctly, unlike what lead to de-institutionization in the 1970's.

Some people will never be able to lead meaningful lives on there own. Ever.

Some people will be able to lead meaningful lives on there own with a lot of help & support, while some people may only need a little support to get back on there feet.

The solution IMO is simple, re-institutionalization. The problem is to do it correctly, unlike what lead to de-institutionization in the 1970's.

Some people will never be able to lead meaningful lives on there own. Ever.

Some people will be able to lead meaningful lives on there own with a lot of help & support, while some people may only need a little support to get back on there feet.

Problem is most aren't down on your luck people, they are felons, drug addicts, and people who hate society.
80% of these people can never be a part of society.

Problem is most aren't down on your luck people, they are felons, drug addicts, and people who hate society.
80% of these people can never be a part of society.

Agreed.

Done correctly re-institutionalizations would prevent a large portion from becoming felons, addicts etc. Many addicts have psychological problems, then turn to criminal activity.

It would be a heck of a lot less expensive than what's happening now, as well as being incredibly more humane.

"Now, I encounter tribes of seemingly able-bodied young folks (a half or third my age) with pit bull puppies, blond dreds and yards of extensive/expensive tattoo work. Villages of loudly profane twenty-somethings on cell phones, bumming cigarettes and energy drinks from each other, and bouncing skateboards off the ankles of passersby. Downtown Portland reeks of stale urine today like Seattle has for years.

This:s0101:. Is exactly the issue I have, able bodied bums, that's right,, bums. If you want to attract rats just keep feeding them, they'll keep coming back again and again until your over ran and the food source is gone at which time they turn and devour their benefactors.

There's a man in Lincoln city that has taken it upon himself to combat the issue, he has his stepper van done up with magnetic signs imploring people to "just say no to pan handlers, give to the Salvation Army and other charitable organization instead". He hires people to stand on the locales with large signs on poles where the major panhandlers congregate and the results have been very good so far.
A few of the bleeding hearts have been upset and dismayed at his approach, but the majority of the locals love and support it.
The "bums" are starting to migrate elsewhere thankfully.
The punk bums flip him off and cuss him but most others really appreciate his no BS style.

My family and I were really near being homeless. We used the food bank. I didn't have to beg from anyone but family till we got our feet under ourselves, but it was close. I don't throw fruit at them when I see them, I give what I can because I was almost them.

A ways back I was riding my motorbike on a really, really desolate stretch of desert highway.. I think it was around Rhyolite Nevada. Anyway, I spot a guy pushing a shopping cart in the middle of the road towards me.. oh, about ten miles away.. just chugging along.
Some bum. I gave him some water.
About ten miles later, I saw some Brit coming towards me riding a Pennyfarthing. Turned out he also was a bum.. blogging and riding that contraption around the world. I gave him some water.
lol
At least they weren't stabbing people and stealing their stuff.

Been to Rhyolite. You aren't going to live in the desert there for long riding a pennyfarthing or pushing a shopping cart.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top