JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think that they should definitely move to that neighborhood. In fact, the limousine liberals that live there should take them into their homes and embrace their stinking asses like long lost children.

I think the Mayor should have them as guests of his home. He's the one that wants to cater to them. They can smoke crack on his porch instead.

Or set up cots in the city hall and federal buildings down town.

Ever notice that there are no homeless people in or near the Lake Oswego city limits.
None, nada, zip. Is there an invisible barrier surrounding that place?

It was humor. At one time that was actually permitted in this Country.

And anyway at no time was any fruit used in a malicious manner.

Can someone explain to the rest of us why as gun owners it is in our interest to assault or otherwise harm homeless people whom I might randomly encounter?
Dont think they wont kill you in a heartbeat. They killed a 14 year old girl here in Vanc right by where I lived. The point is, make them feel welcome and they will come. Like the neighbor feeding the crows.
If you don't want them in your neighborhood, DON'T bring them to mine.

Last Edited:
Finally got around to our annual Larch Mountain century ride this year and took the Springwater out from Steel Bridge to the Fairview-Gresham trail... So rode most of it. I don't know how bad the bum camps remain from the rest of the Springwater on... The FG trail peels you off around 202nd or so.. Not sure if I saw any more camps after that point.

Yea, it was fuccin gross. People in near rags stumbling around the trail aimlessly at 7am on a Saturday morning... Probably didn't get much "sleep" last night. Turds of unknown species origin just sitting in the middle of the trail, and the intermittent but frequent stench of latrine.. Didn't eat too many gels for that leg of the ride. One bubblegum shouted at one of my mates, "you asshol!" for no apparent reason, but nobody tried to jack us. We were well aware that between the five of us, we were riding about $25,000+ worth of high end race bikes and were unarmed... But I doubt most of those tweeters knew that.

One of my bros didn't want to take the Springwater, but two had actually been riding it pretty frequently and said it was interesting but not that bad. I hadn't ridden it since last year's Larch century, and there hadn't been any real "camps" then.. So i was actually kind of eager to see it.. And insisted. It was fun! F'ing gross, but fun.

Let em camp, man. They're obnoxious... That's about it. What REAL complaints have been made? anything legit?

Supposed to be a "free country," to use that cliche phrase. The Springwater seems like a way better place than some other places they've infected. At least they're only bugging a really small segment of society there - us "libs" on our bikes .. You guys should be stoked about that!

^^They have their camps back in the blackberry bushes. One was about 50' north of the springwater/jenne rd crossing. They use the old Albertsons parking lot near Powell and Jenne rd as their own personal campground bubblegumting pissing and throwing garbage everywhere. They spend their active hours breaking into the neighborhood mailboxes and sifting thru the dumpsters behind BiMart. My favorite is the breaking bad motor home that sets up with its generator running, awning extended, crap everywhere and when asked to move, they do...about 100' from where they were.

I like the idea of moving them to east Moreland and even more so the idea of letting them camp on the grass in front of Reed College..,lots of unused grass there.

A ways back I was riding my motorbike on a really, really desolate stretch of desert highway.. I think it was around Rhyolite Nevada. Anyway, I spot a guy pushing a shopping cart in the middle of the road towards me.. oh, about ten miles away.. just chugging along.
Some bum. I gave him some water.
About ten miles later, I saw some Brit coming towards me riding a Pennyfarthing. Turned out he also was a bum.. blogging and riding that contraption around the world. I gave him some water.
lol
At least they weren't stabbing people and stealing their stuff.

There are camps EVERYWHERE!
Look in any group of trees, along all the highways. Everywhere.
All along 84, and 205.

Why do I joke about harm to homeless people? Because most are criminals, child molesters, drug/alcohol addicts, and severe mental cases, etc.

I used to take the max from gresham to downtown portland daily for work, and back at 10pm. That was a long ride going home.

One night two homeless guys are taking behind me.
I hear one guy tell the other one the day before he stabbed a guy for taking his $0.35.

I slowly slid my hand in my bag and gripped some cold steel.

I hate homeless people and the way we cater to them.
I'm not really advocating it, and would never hurt any human being with good cause (defense), but I'm not going to lose sleep if something happens to them.

They do nothing but ruin society and create a safety hazard. I refuse to take my kids downtown.

Thank the rajneesh (sp) for the large flow of them at one point.

What the heck happened to them camping out of town along the RR tracks? Must have been too far to panhandle or maybe it was too noisy.
I'd like to see the how many are even from the Portland area :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads