JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am going to look seriously tomorrow at selecting a female standard schauzer to join my 11 year old male standard schnauzer. We do alot of out door adventures. Do you have ideas on how to test, assess, and select a female standard that will have assertive guts in the outdoors, alert to threat and sound the alarm for intruders as different from a submissive and introverted puppy. These pups usually go about 35-45 pounds as adults. Thanks.

No idea really. Had GSD's and learned they use Giant Snauzers for police work quite a bit in Germany AND THEY DON'T SHED!! which is awesome

My parents had two Minis, both had to be put down after living good long lives, 17 and 14 years respectively. Might not be the same as Standards, but good sign is if she "picks" you, seems excited to meet you ; as opposed to shying away or being aggressive (growling, ears pinned back, defensive stances). Bring the male, and see if she gets curious, greets way dogs do, playful.. sure sign of extreme submissive is if she rolls and show belly to the male right off the bat. If she stands and just sniffs his butt and neck, pretty good sign IMO. Brother and I trained the last one from puppy at 8 weeks and took him to puppy classes and found he liked to be a leader, and assertive but not overly aggressive.. stand tall, alert, ears forward, tail up/may wag bit but not baring teeth, not growling unless he finds a threat. Few times cornered squirrels and killed them. Could never keep up in speed with squirrels but very smart.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top