JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They have no time to sit there and try and profile you to determine if they need to "assume" that you're never going to hurt them or any one else. Geez people, try a little thing called understanding. It may also help you be enlightened.

No one is being forced to be a police officer. If they can't handle the job because it's so hard and unsafe they should find another career. I don't purposely make their jobs harder, but I don't buss my own table when I go to a restaurant. I expect people to do their jobs or change careers.

No one is being forced to be a police officer. If they can't handle the job because it's so hard and unsafe they should find another career. I don't purposely make their jobs harder, but I don't buss my own table when I go to a restaurant. I expect people to do their jobs or change careers.

Now that is the single most stupid thing I've ever heard on the net.

cwegga, Surely not that great on future predictions, but if that is truly your attitude, I believe you may have some future contacts that likely will not be in your favor. These men are not your personal servants, and swear an oath to protect the public as a whole, not you personally with a very narrow mind,and not a clue of the real world. Hopeful also that you do not hold a CHL, and instead call a hippy for protection. I'm sure they will have concern for your personal safety!!!! and be helpful.

I refuse to drive in Beaverton because of their racial profiling. I'm of hispanic and american indian descent and drive a little modified sports car. After being pulled over for the 6th time in a year and not once being given a ticket I had enough. I'm not racing, doing mule runs, or anything illegal. ****, I'm practically middle aged now. That doesn't keep the police there from constantly coming up with BS excuses to pull me over when I did zero wrong.

I have never been a great driver,as far as legalities go.I can handle any car or truck,just don't always follow the rules.
With that said and with me understanding my down falls behind the wheel,I have driven simple cars for some time now.
Not red,black white,yellow or any other "fast car" colors.Try to keep it that pewter ,silver or a nice mellow blue. The cops ignore me unless I am just stupid and driving too fast.
Plus I know if a cop is following me,I will do something wrong and I need a soda.

I drove all the cool cars back in the day.And got lots of tickets
Then I grew up and bought cars that the policia ignore.

Not very many ticket any more.

And Oohrah,got rid of the gofast bikes and got an ex cop bike. They seem to like this one!

166.380 Examination of firearm by peace officer; arrest for failure to allow examination. (1) A peace officer may examine a firearm possessed by anyone on the person while in or on a public building to determine whether the firearm is a loaded firearm.
(2) Refusal by a person to allow the examination authorized by subsection (1) of this section constitutes reason to believe that the person has committed a crime and the peace officer may make an arrest pursuant to ORS 133.310. [1969 c.705 §3]

This^^^

I remember specificaly being told in CHL class by Jim Jacobe that if you do not allow an inspection of your guns that you are subject to an arrest and are breaking the law.

This^^^

I remember specificaly being told in CHL class by Jim Jacobe that if you do not allow an inspection of your guns that you are subject to an arrest and are breaking the law.

The ordinance that was quoted specifically states "while in a public building". I don't know if a chl holder is required by law to let a officer inspect his gun on a whim, but I know that ordinance isn't what gives him the power to do so unless it is in a public building.

I'm not sure about that... I'm pretty sure the way he said it was that when the officer pulls you over you must let them check your weapons. Regardless, I myself have nothing to hide so I don't mind them admiring my weaponery as they check the serial #'s. I don't think your vehicle should be subject to a search just because you have a chl/weapons but I do believe they 'should' be able to run serial #'s on weapons you have in you car/on yourself. I like privacy but if it could save someone down the line one way or another I am all for it. It's a tough call..

Lying to a police officer is usually a chargeable offense (giving false information).

When they run your plates, they are notified if you have CHL.

It is not a bad idea out of courtesy to inform the officer that you have a CHL. Contrary to some views. COPs are the good guys.

Lying to a police officer is usually a chargeable offense (giving false information).

When they run your plates, they are notified if you have CHL.

It is not a bad idea out of courtesy to inform the officer that you have a CHL. Contrary to some views. COPs are the good guys.

I will call BS on this. Fact is, I am not going to shoot a cop with my gun, so good cop or bad, they have ne need to know anything about my gun, you see, it just simply does not concern anybody, it just is nobody's business.
Everybody in the World has heard about some trusted person gone bad, some of those people we trust are bad people, just pays to look out for yourself, when you can. It is not a matter of disrespect for anyone.

The ordinance that was quoted specifically states "while in a public building". I don't know if a chl holder is required by law to let a officer inspect his gun on a whim, but I know that ordinance isn't what gives him the power to do so unless it is in a public building.

I believe if you dig into this you will find that a state highway, county road or a city street is considered a "Public Domain" and you can be legally asked to inspect your firearm. Same as showing registration and inspecting the VIN on your vehical.

Just a possibility?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads