JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been thinking about getting a 9mm AR for awhile but don't know anything about them.
PSA has this on sale. Good, bad, junk? For my purposes it doesn't need to be high end, just
fun to shoot and not junk. I like this because it takes Glock mags.

Anyone have any experience with PSA, or can you tell me about the components this is made of?
I'm clueless.

PSA 16" 9mm 1/10 GX Keymod MOE EPT Rifle - 51647588

Buy it!! ;)

I think it interesting that if you reopen an old thread you get negative comments and if you open a new thread you get negative comments . . . From the same people? I don't know!?!?!?!?!?

Sheldon

I have a PSA AR9 and it is one of my top 2 favorite guns to shoot. I absolutely love it. I can shoot it indoors or outdoors, on the pistol range or rifle range. Glock mags are ridiculously cheap. 20171226_141026cw8.jpg

The 3x magnifier has a quick release mount. Since that pic, I have changed muzzle device to a krinkov style flash forwarder, ATI pistol grip and changed out for a different flashlight.
DSC_5767cw16.jpg

And regarding the magnifier / clutter comment, this gun stays stored and while I would prefer to use it in a HD situation, the 9mm Canik TP9SFx with TLR-1 HL and Vortex Venom will be drawn first.

I love and own many PSA products but when it comes to AR-9s I highly recommend the Diamondback DB9R. It has fed/cycled every single round I've gotten my hands on and it's very accurate. I have the pistol but it's also available in a 16" carbine. Last round hold open with all Glock (derivative) mags I've used. They're competitively priced too.

imgp1120-jpg.jpg

Is it a big deal to not have the bolt hold open feature?
Being that it is a standard feature of a traditional AR15, it is weird not having it on a platform identical in most ways. Not having it feels like a step backwards.

just finished my first ar9 build today. the upper is PSA bought on new years eve during a good sale, the lower is a spikes tactical. Haven't had a chance to test fire it yet but the last round bolt hold open works and i love the feel of the sb tactical pdw brace. should be a fun little range toy and might make a good suppressor host 20180120_121422.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews