JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Don't think this has been posted her or not.

<broken link removed>

The million dollar quote:

June Son works at Lost Lake Cafe and Bar, another business participating in the program.

"A lot of us work late at night and at the end of your shift when you're walking home, it's just a much better feeling overall to know that folks aren't out there with guns," Son said.

Gotta love it!

Really they are doing this crap still?

Gun violence kills more than 31,000 people each year in the United States and Washington Ceasefire says they are hoping the new program will cut that number. Business owners can sign up to say guns are not allowed and can post signs to let people know their weapon is not welcome inside. The program is entirely voluntary and no city money is being used for its funds.

While it is accurate to call a suicide as violence, it is very deceptive not ot point out that 20K of those were suicides. Oh and a few thousand were justifiable shootings by civilian or police.

Come on, slap yourself silly for crap reporting.

Program allows Seattle businesses to ban guns in stores

Actually it doesn't, (State law allows it) it does provide them free signs though. Would like to know who paid for them!

They still have to know you're carrying and actually ask you to leave, only if you refuse to comply are you in violation of state law.

What Deen said. This is just a sign with no legal backing unless they ask you to leave.

After last weeks violence downtown and an acknowledgement by business leaders that crime is out of control, McGinn once again displays his cluelessness.

Downtown Seattle smells like a combination of Weed, BO and urine. Not quite as bad as San Francisco, but getting close.

Portland isn't quite as bad, but I'm confident we'll get there!

Well, I know this won't be a popular opinion.. but if this is what they want... then as the owners of the business they have a right. I do agree the McGinn is freaking clueless though and needs replacing

I won't go in these places. They have the right to post the signs, I have the right to spend my money elsewhere.

How about we get someone to start a database on this site where everyone can input how much money(stores sales) did not get spent because this biz does not respect the Constitution. Then we provide that info on a national level with national input.

I hate to say it, but wouldn't be surprised if this new "Gun Free Zone" program is a reaction to how bungled the whole "Starbucks Appreciation Day" went down.

MAC's editorial of "Slapping an Ally in the Face" is a pretty apt descriptor.

Slapping an Ally in the Face | The Bang Switch

Unless you remember that these boycott calls have been going on for 3+ years, ever since Brady started on Starbucks, about this same issue. CSGV picked it up again in 2012, just in time for St Valentine's day.

Now the demanding Moms are at it. But, the list of demands has never changed, just the figurehead. The Moms made this about Sandy Hook. So, one Starbucks closed 5 hours early... and 13,499 other US Starbucks stores didn't

I won't go in these places. They have the right to post the signs, I have the right to spend my money elsewhere.

Best medicine :s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:

Their loss, the list as-of 6pm
<broken link removed>
2K Metal Works, LLC
5 Point Cafe
Babeland
Barboza
Big Mario's Pizza
Brenthave
Bus Stop Espresso
Cafe Paloma
Cafe Racer