JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With the changes in transferring a firearm after July 1st I have some questions. Is there still a 4473 form filled out and local LE requests a NICS check? The reason for the question is I have a UPIN and cannot pass NICS if the number isn't submitted with the background check request. Form 4473 has a place for the UPIN. If a 4473 is no longer used do the new forms have a place for a UPIN? I ran into this with the ATF form for a suppressor as they requested a NICS check and had no place for the UPIN and received a denial. Do any dealers know the whole process? I know it may be different for different classes of firearms.

TCOV,
I would assume that the 4473 still needs to be completed - the government would never do away with paperwork, and the new form from WA DOL does not have a block for your UPIN that I could see. You can download the form at dol.wa.gov

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top