JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With the changes in transferring a firearm after July 1st I have some questions. Is there still a 4473 form filled out and local LE requests a NICS check? The reason for the question is I have a UPIN and cannot pass NICS if the number isn't submitted with the background check request. Form 4473 has a place for the UPIN. If a 4473 is no longer used do the new forms have a place for a UPIN? I ran into this with the ATF form for a suppressor as they requested a NICS check and had no place for the UPIN and received a denial. Do any dealers know the whole process? I know it may be different for different classes of firearms.

TCOV,
I would assume that the 4473 still needs to be completed - the government would never do away with paperwork, and the new form from WA DOL does not have a block for your UPIN that I could see. You can download the form at dol.wa.gov

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top