JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Update to info: Forum member Cogs suggested that I include my blog website that contains the picnic info page. I copied and pasted the info from the picnic page in this post below but in case others were interested in my intentions for the picnic you can read more on the about page at the blog website. I am posting a lot over at the r/orgunowners subreddit and the blog website is pretty much a parking spot for the picnic info for now and a way for people to contact me outside of the forums. So here is the website url: www.pro2aoregon.org
Cogs also had some suggestions for people who might want to speak at the event. I had not really intended for this picnic to have the usual speaking element that gun rallies have but I am open to the idea. What do you all think about it, should we keep the picnic as an informal get together or add some formality to it with speakers? Personally I am leaning towards the informal route since I am already going to be pretty busy with food preps and such. And I want to be able to have time to meet and talk with as many of you as I can in the few hours we will have together. We are up to about 11 RSVP's now and a number of kids will be present. That might be another reason to keep it more on the informal side and save the speaking element for another event. Let me know what you all think.

Note: this is not a commercial event. I am personally covering the entire cost of the event out of my pocket. If this picnic is well received, I'll look forward to making it a yearly event. This will be a great opportunity to meet in person the people you chat with regularly on this forum. Hope you will attend.

We our having the 1st Annual Pro2AOregon Picnic on June 30th, 2018 from 11:30am to 2:30pm in Tigard, OR. The picnic will be held at Shelter #2 in Cook Park which is located at 17005 SW 92nd Ave, Portland, OR 97224. Arrive early for best parking. There is a large playground near the shelter and bathrooms are close by. Bring your horseshoes if you would like to take advantage of horseshoe lanes. This will be a laid back picnic/bbq style event and we encourage you to bring the family for this fun centered event to meet other locals from various gun related forums, subreddits and gun clubs. We will have a free door drawing prize event at 2pm for all who attend so make sure you sign in when you arrive. We'll be giving away about $200 worth of small prizes in this drawing event and a NIB Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x40 AO V-Plex Rifle Scope.

We will be providing hot dogs with lots of condiments (including chili for chili dog fans) and simple sides for the menu. If you have individual food requirements please bring your own food as needed. We have access to three large charcoal grills if you would like to bring your own food to grill yourself. We are going to let attendees be responsible for their own beverages. Alcohol is allowed for this event if it is brought in by guests for their own consumption.

We ask that you leave flags, banners, open carry long firearms, etc at home. If you don't have a CCW permit please read up on Tigard's open carry law (7.32.125). We would like to avoid the gun rally atmosphere for this event. Smoking is prohibited in Cook Park and while it is your business where you smoke we ask that you don't smoke under or next to the shelter during the event.

If you would like to attend you will need to RSVP by Saturday June 16th, 2018 via our email address [email protected]. We have no idea how many people will ultimately attend the event so we recommend that you RSVP as early as possible to secure attendance for the event. If we receive RSVPs for 250 people (this includes all guest per RSVP) prior to June 16th we will have to close the invite period early due to the limited capacity of the venue. Please include how many adult guests and child guests will be accompanying you in your RSVP email, so we can plan the menu supplies and activities.

This will be a fun event for 2A supporters and their families to get together, talk and have a great time. Hope to see you there. Please email at [email protected] if you have any questions or if you would like to help out with the event. We could really use a person to help with some of the grilling duties.

Last Edited:
As was suggested earlier it would be pref
Cool idea! Will be rsvp'ing for sure.
Awesome, there will likely be others from my favorite subreddit groups attending as well. I am going to do my best to get a diverse group to show up and while hot dogs aren't everyones favorite we will have a good variety of condiments to dress them up and we'll get some quality dogs to build on. It should be a great time.

Dogs are always good. I'm bringing my wife & kiddo, unless wife gets stuck working, if so I'll still come with my boy. This will be a good chance to show the public we are not a bunch of nuts looking for a fight.

So far we have 4 RSVPs, keep them coming. If you don't like sitting at picnic tables bring your camp chairs, there's lots of nicely manicured grassy areas surrounding the shelter you could set up at.

I'll be attending but waiting to RSVP until I know if my other half is going to come.
Awesome, I took some of your advice and (I think) as a result I received an RSVP from a member of The Liberal Gun Club today. He said other members from the club will be attending too. Looks like we will have a well rounded group of people attending. I am going to pm you tomorrow about maybe helping out with the event if you have the time.

Last Edited:
Awesome, I took some of your advice and as a result I received an RSVP from a member of The Liberal Gun Club today. He said other members from the club will be attending too. Looks like we will have a well rounded group of people attending. I am going to pm you tomorrow about maybe helping out with the event if you have the time.

Fantastic!

Sounds like a great opportunity to make a perception change of what gun owners really are. We're family oriented, peaceful, country loving individuals, with good morals and values...

Need to make sure the wife hasn't anything planned for the time slot, if the calendar is clear we'll be there...

Assuming shareable side dishes are welcome...

Sounds like a great opportunity to make a perception change of what gun owners really are. We're family oriented, peaceful, country loving individuals, with good morals and values...

Need to make sure the wife hasn't anything planned for the time slot, if the calendar is clear we'll be there...

Assuming shareable side dishes are welcome...
Sure you can bring a side dish. The dogs will be the main course but I will have some hearty sides, likely potato salad and mac and cheese. I was planning on chili and cheese sauce for those who wanted to make chili dogs and now I thinking I could throw tortilla chips in there and if people wanted stadium type nachos instead of hot dogs they would have that option. My son would prefer the nachos over the dogs:) Hope you can make it. I am going to be late for work, c ya

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top