JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My better half is scheduling the day off tomorrow and we will both be there on the 8th at the least. Now We have some time to work on a sign or two. The oldest may come but not sure its harder for him to get time off of work. We Will get ahold of other family and friends, its a work day for many so, maybe a couple more in the count here. We have concert tickets that evening also, so its gonna be a long fun day!

Can't make it that day, but the next day I'll have a CHL class at my house that will have 10 new-to-CHL students, 7 of which are new-to-guns. (And 6 of those are confirmed liberals, the other four I'm not certain of - but think they are probably libertarian in leanings.)

Contact your representatives and let them know you'll be there. Ask if they'll join.

I have done exactly that, doubt they'll make it, but, who knows. If they do, simple question, do you back the proposed AWB? SIMPLE answer, YES or NO?? Being mostly simple, they should be able to answer it :]

From what i've seen/heard/realized, a lot of people haven't heard about the FEB 8th rally at the Capital or, that its a nation wide thing. So, don't hesitate to bring this to peoples attention, don't ''assume'' they know about it. You'll be surprised how many avid shooter, hunters do not know a thing about it. Don't be bashful talking to people about it, one or 2 more is great, then, they spread the word, and away it goes, keep it up. From what i've read here, it looks like it just might exceed expectations. I sure hope so. Take your rain gear, and warm clothes, you can always take them off, but,if you don't have them, well, your screwed.I'm going to talk to a local radio station to see if they'd make a ''public service announcement''. See ya there!!!!

OK, I heard about a Pro Gun Rally coming up and went on line to see if I could track it down, when, where and what time and ran across this little discussion. It compelled me to join Northwest Firearms just so I could add my two cents. I know this thread is a little old now but here goes.

I know how important it is to keep your job, especially during these trying economic times. We have mortgages to pay, kids to feed and car payments to make. But please think about all these things that are important and ask yourself, what are you willing to do to keep these things? How much of the small picture am I willing to sacrifice to keep the big picture in intact? This rally is a small thing to do now, can you imagine if things get worse what you are going to have ask yourself, what am I willing to do now? How many of you out there really understand what is at stake here and how bad this can go? These people are serious! They want to take it all from you! If you think you can live with the laws they are proposing or it doesn't concern you because you just goose hunt or you just use your .300 Win Mag during Elk season, well you just don't get it. How many of you remember the band Queen? In 1989 they released a song thats chorus was "I want it all and I want it now" The people who want to take these rights from you are marching to this song, this is their anthem! These people are sacrificing! I have asked myself many times and thought about this long and hard, how far am I willing to go if the unthinkable happens in my country, if my doors get kicked in and I'm sat upon. I'll tell you this, I'm will to do anything I can to head that off from happening, anything, The thing that scares me more than them coming for my guns and taking my rights away is that some day if I have to gear up and stand in the street and watch then come, I'll turn around and there will be nobody behind me… Because it was Friday.

If your working Friday, try to get the day off. If you don't think you can get the day off, call in sick. Come on, you've never been sick on a Friday before? If it's your girlfriends birthday, bring her with you. Show her your passion. She will respect you more for it than if we lose our gun rights and all you did was to whine about it.

Remember this?"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands" read it carefully, it doesn't say "I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands except on friday"

The second amendment has your back, do you have its back? Sorry, that was more like four cents worth.

Go Ravens.

OK, I heard about a Pro Gun Rally coming up and went on line to see if I could track it down, when, where and what time and ran across this little discussion. It compelled me to join Northwest Firearms just so I could add my two cents. I know this thread is a little old now but here goes.

I know how important it is to keep your job, especially during these trying economic times. We have mortgages to pay, kids to feed and car payments to make. But please think about all these things that are important and ask yourself, what are you willing to do to keep these things? How much of the small picture am I willing to sacrifice to keep the big picture in intact? This rally is a small thing to do now, can you imagine if things get worse what you are going to have ask yourself, what am I willing to do now? How many of you out there really understand what is at stake here and how bad this can go? These people are serious! They want to take it all from you! If you think you can live with the laws they are proposing or it doesn't concern you because you just goose hunt or you just use your .300 Win Mag during Elk season, well you just don't get it. How many of you remember the band Queen? In 1989 they released a song thats chorus was "I want it all and I want it now" The people who want to take these rights from you are marching to this song, this is their anthem! These people are sacrificing! I have asked myself many times and thought about this long and hard, how far am I willing to go if the unthinkable happens in my country, if my doors get kicked in and I'm sat upon. I'll tell you this, I'm will to do anything I can to head that off from happening, anything, The thing that scares me more than them coming for my guns and taking my rights away is that some day if I have to gear up and stand in the street and watch then come, I'll turn around and there will be nobody behind me... Because it was Friday.

If your working Friday, try to get the day off. If you don't think you can get the day off, call in sick. Come on, you've never been sick on a Friday before? If it's your girlfriends birthday, bring her with you. Show her your passion. She will respect you more for it than if we lose our gun rights and all you did was to whine about it.

Remember this?"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands" read it carefully, it doesn't say "I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands except on friday"

The second amendment has your back, do you have its back? Sorry, that was more like four cents worth.

Go Ravens.

VERY WELL PUT, I agree with you 110%.Now if EACH one who responded to this first post would bring 2-3 people, THAT would make it 165 people just from this post, give it a try. Sick, my wife tells me I'm sick all the time. :] By the way, I'D HAVE YOUR BACK ANYTIME!!!

Not sure who actually is getting these Rally's together, but, i'd sure like to see a Motorcycle type PRO 2nd AMENDMENT rally at the State Capital this spring. NOTHING , drives it home like the rumble of a couple thousand bikes pulling in. Start it around Portland, from the coast. South, past Eugene up the Columbia, from all over Oregon and meet at the Capital on a Saturday, no parking problems to speak. A FREEDOM type ride would fit the agenda. Just a thought. No doubt it would attract a lot of attention.

anyone who wants this friday off, PM me your work phone #, and in my best voice, I'll say, ''Tell my husband to get home quick, the baby's on it's way''!!!:s0114:

I am trying to decide whether to come to this one in Salem this time or go back to Olympia again. What was turnout like last time in Salem. What where the speakers like? Did they stick to guns?

I want to make some vids for my TheYankeeMarshal YouTube channel and I want to be able to show my viewers as big a crowd as possible.

Crowd size varied throughout the day. Estimates were anywhere from 1000 to 3000 depending on when you were counting heads. There were 7 or 8 speakers I believe. Some great and some so-so, but overall, they did a pretty good job of keeping the crowd motivated. Lars Larson was there but he can't be there Friday because they don't have remote capability and both his shows are live during the week. He is however, asking for updates that he can broadcast.

Here's a link to the facebook page is you want more detail: https://www.facebook.com/events/184962791645837/?mall_view=posts

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top