JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Michael Graham is very lonely working for the Boston Herald. He is absolutely correct. I repeat: When the US Postal workers were going postal, the government looked at the USPS to find the source of the problem. Are we looking at schools? Social media? Video gaming? The overarching culture of death?

Turn it around: Why is it so easy for a gun to find a murderer?

Very well written piece. What scares me is just how polarized our country has become, and how many people I've heard express support for repeal of the 2nd Amendment and "the Australian model".

What's up with our culture nowadays? Maybe I'm just getting old but it seems like darkness and death are recurring themes on all the popular shows and movies in recent times. Maybe I've just seen too much of that in my life and just have no interest in watching it on tv anymore.

Very well written piece. What scares me is just how polarized our country has become, and how many people I've heard express support for repeal of the 2nd Amendment and "the Australian model".

What's up with our culture nowadays? Maybe I'm just getting old but it seems like darkness and death are recurring themes on all the popular shows and movies in recent times. Maybe I've just seen too much of that in my life and just have no interest in watching it on tv anymore.
At some point, we come to realize that life is better than death, love is better than hate, light than darkness, delayed gratification far sweeter than instant. As they say, youth is wasted on the young - and they are increasingly lashing out, failing to find in this culture what soothes the human soul.

People are more grim than they'd like to admit.

When THEY use the words: "Common sense and reasonable restrictions." You might as well just........

B
O
H
I
C
A

Consider this? Should we also have common sense and reasonable restrictions on your RIGHT to freedom of speech? Not talking about yelling in a crowed theater, "Fire!" When there is none. Or, making a THREAT. I'm talking about speech that may/could/might make you (or someone) feel "uncomfortable." Like currently, the LEFT is pushing for restrictions on "hate speech" (including, un-popular speech).

Example:
"We need to build a wall across our southern border."
"Men should use the men's restroom and women should use the women's restroom."
"Why do we want all these people from 'bubblegumhole countries' coming here?"

Yup.....it could see it happening (if certain other people were in charge). Think about, how the LEFT wants the USA to be more like Europeans.....

London Mayor To Set Up Police 'Online Hate Crime Hub' In 'Partnership' With Social Media Firms

So, what's "reasonable and common sense?" And, according to whom?

THAT......my friends, is a very dangerous and slippery slope.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....BTW.....I don't trust, the so called "Supporters of the 2nd A" that like to appeal to the other side, by claiming to be able to reach a compromise on the gun issue. While further eroding that very RIGHT.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR