JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Northwest Armory charges too much (IMO) for a private party transfer. It was somewhere around $50, if my memory serves correctly.

Shop around, average should be about $35. Might be able to find $25 if you look a bit.

Further, for a handgun, the buyer must be a resident of the state that the transfer occurs in. For example someone from Vancouver can't drive acrossed the bridge & buy your handgun from you with a transfer at an Oregon FFL. You could however take your handgun to an FFL in Vancouver and transfer there (previous doesnt apply to long guns there fine). Or ship FFL to FFL .

Also the drivers licenses need current addresses.

...just figured I'd mention that to you is all.

Oregon will NOT notify anyone that you sold the gun, not California or anybody else. Whether you are selling any of your guns or not, you NEED to file the form that appears above in this thread for each of your firearms that California knows about, and tell them you've MOVED out of the state. This is completely separate from any sales or other transactions by you. California has a list of guns they think you own. If any of them are used in a crime or otherwise turn up in a criminal investigation the California authorities will come back to you, or send authorities from another state back to you for an explanation. You need to get California and its gun registry out of your life ASAP. File the forms. Tell them you've moved. After that, all you have to worry about is the state where you live now.
even if i fill out that form and check the box "no longer resident", they are still asking for proof of my oregon address, lol...

so they already know where i live.

i have already been flagged as a gun owner, so what is the point, lol.

even if i fill out that form and check the box "no longer resident", they are still asking for proof of my oregon address, lol...

so they already know where i live.

i have already been flagged as a gun owner, so what is the point, lol.
You came here looking for advice. Take it or don't. You're in CA's gun registry right now as owning one or more specific firearms. If you don't get yourself removed from that registry you're just asking for headaches. Someday, sooner or later they will want to know what you did with one or more of those firearms. You have a chance right now to make it legally none of their business. If I were you I'd take the opportunity. But then maybe you enjoy fighting with the bureaucracy and hiring lawyers, IDK.

Call NW Armory and ask them ho wit would work, they will treat you right. I do know that if a gun is shipped to them they charge $40.00 transfer fee plus the $10.00 background check.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top