JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the seller brings there own color drivers license copy you can save a few $.

I usually forget about doing so, so just pay the extra.

Don't forget your gun lock too.
$6.00 if you forget to bring one, so I put a couple in all of my vehicles now that the Tigard police station ran out of free ones.

Tick Licker only charges one fee - $35

That is high IMO, but I paid it.

The best I have paid is $20.

Same as Tritac Salem (just up the street from Coat of Arms), IIRC. Funny that they do not allow financial transaction inside there shop, the only shop that I have run into with that policy, but it is there shop, so it's there rules.

Tritac does have longer/more convenient hours in all of the Salem area.

-If Tritac is quiet, can also function check your new purchase up to ? .308/30.06?

I think it's $15 for range time after the safety video, buy there ammo or pay an ammo fee.

Nice folks, like most gunshop folks, but they are more an indoor range/training. Have offered to fix slight problems for free in the past with there tools (castle - nut tool, before I bought one).

Gunbroker.com has a FFL finder feature, why this site lacks that feature is beyond me. The FFL finder on gunbroker gives you all the FFLs info and pricing for transfers.
Coat of Arms and Adaptive firing solutions are my GoTo. (Entire transfer for $20, as it should be)

Everyone else is just trying to make a buck for nothing extra. A peice of paper in a filing cabinet doesnt cost any extra for a FFL to hold on to. Most places overcharge, ive even had places say they are too busy to do a transfer, some places flat out wont do a private party transfer.
Which should have been part of the law (SB941) to standardize the transfer price and make any FFL to do Private party transfers. Politicians dont care about laws and how complete they are. They just want to pass more laws, with their names attached, especially under the guise of gun control.

I think it is excessive. And utter BS!
I do too, but if I bought a gun say last month and went through background check with the state police. Then decide I don't like the firearm and want to sell it, I would want to get that serial number out from under my name from when I did that background check. Am I wrong? Does anybody know for sure that they don't keep record of serial numbers?

Last Edited:
I do too, but if I bought a gun say last month and went through background check with the state police. Then decide I don't like the firearm and want to sell it, I would want to get that serial number out from under my name from when I did that background check. Am I wrong? Does anybody know for sure that they don't keep record of serial numbers?

If they didn't keep records of serial numbers, then why would they require it to be on the paperwork?

Ray

I guarantee they keep serial numbers. I just got a certified letter from the US Department of Justice saying the DEA seized a handful of guns in Salem while on a raid. One was an AK47 I once owned. The letter didn't accuse me of anything but gave me the option to claim it and try and get it back. I still had/have the bill of sale and contacted the guy I sold it to, who didn't seem to have any idea so he must have sold it later. But that is all I think is necessary. If you sell privately keep a bill of their license and or CCW numbers and signature.

tropic pawn in vancouver is $21 per background check, what I just learned was if you are trading then it is 2 backgroud checks one for each person total was $42 for 2 separate background checks 2 people 1 deal trading firearms $42

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top