JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If there's any frustration expressed on this site about your comments, it's due to your defeatist attitude.

You may read that into my post because I tell you the reality of living here 66 years. Sometimes it takes being involved in politics for a lifetime I guess for people to get a full understanding. Working with a party to see how they pick candidates would tell everyone far more than they want to know, the parties don't pick the best person, the process stinks. So the guys that switch parties to vote for who the party picked to run are picking the lesser of two evils that the party groomed and trained to run for office. I won't betray my values by switching parties.

2.5 Milion voters, 2 Million actually voted in the last general election. Dem 960K, Rep 700K. That leaves 400K that voted, and 900K that could have voted, that were neither Republicans nor Democrats. 700K plus 400K is 1100K that could have voted Republican. It's all about the 900K voters that don't like either the Reps or Dems.

That was the point I was making. The dems that own the media like to frame the vote to look like we can never win, that's why the media doesnt' talk total voters. If folks want to win this vote for gun owners they have to realize that media will be bought and paid for by the democrats, Bloomberg and Soros. To defeat them there is one chance and that's social media. We beat the gas tax in Albany using social media to discuss it. Facebook trend will win it if folks want to keep their guns.

Voter apathy, and i'm going to bet a bunch ( several we know here) will simply toss the vote, or chicken out and write in Daffy Duck!
The people who COULD give us all a chance to tip the Brown Apple cart will simple come on here and Rant about how they are voting their higher morals, and their conscious, and damn US for the results! I name those Members COWARDS! There is a chance to do something, but they ride their high horse instead of putting aside their feelings and do what is right for the republic, and worse, they continue to rant on about it after the fact! These are the same folks who will hand the win to Kate in the belief that their vote doesn't matter! You members know who you are, don't pretend your not, just stay out of these threads and let the real Boys and and Girls fight the fight, cause your too Cowardly to act for the good of the republic, and thusly you are Traitors to all, you fail to stand when needed to protect and defend something greater then your selves, SHAME ON YOU!

Its called vicious truthing in the hopes you can shame folks to do the right and honorable thing. Since common sense has failed them.

I will be a good boi and hold my nose for Knute in November, I could not bring myself to it in the Primary, so my conscience vote went to Captain Wooldridge. Its not an endorsement for Knute, its an "anybody but Kate" vote, much as my Trump vote was 2 years ago. I still would rather have Ted Cruise been the guy, but he lost.

The whole lesser of two evils voting has gotten us nowhere, and until we stop rewarding sellouts, we are just slowing the demise of our rights at best. Republicans are not afraid to flip on guns, God, dead babies, or entitlements anymore. Much like the Whigs went away, its time for a political revolution within the party system. Its such a cess pool, good candidates don't want to run. We are left mostly with turds. Men of principal get drug though the mud and tossed aside. Power corrupts all. I wish Congress had the balls to enact term limits. We don't have enough traction for a convention of states. :(

Sadly I'm in complete agreement with you Here! :(
ORYGUN has always been a land of wonders that attracts dreamers, many who bring ideals of utopia, peace and harmony, and with that comes the liberal attitudes toward making things better! Over time, the political winds change as the State struggles to live up to those desires of utopia, and the good people loose the focus of what brought them here! Look at Bend and Sisters, I remember those places as a kid, they were very conservative back then, they didn' want people to "Discover" them and ruin what they were, but the millionares moved there and changed every thing to the utopia THEY wanted, something that THEY would belifit from, despite the cost to those who lived there, and they ruined it all! This has happens all over OryGun, those wonderful coastal towns that were once such quiet places have all been "discoverd" and are being changed to a theam park type setting where the rich run it all, and run every one else out! O ryGun has see a mass exodus these last 30+ years, the destruction of the loggging industry over an imported little raptor, whole towns and people were destroyed, and power and corruption replaced what was once a thriving and highly profitable place! Look at my Home town of Sweet Home, it's gone complete sideways, the folks that still live their could never hope to afford to purchase any thing being built there now! The view of the northern why line over Foster has changed to bright street lights and large homes in large developments, and the small town feel has been almost destroyed!
This is what we are really fighting against, the State has consumed it's self in money, power, and greed! And the movers and shakers who have transformed this are the ones who continue to support the destruction from within! The little people, those of us who remain and have always called this state home are now the minority, aliens in our own homes and neighborhoods and towns all across OryGun, and tbis is where we loose it all, one vote at a time! It' The little guys who throw their hands up in defete every time sometbi g comes up for a vote, and it' this very attitude that further hands it all over to the powers that be that run the show! :(
I voted for Sam, I felt he was the best possable candiate, but he tripped over his son and lost it all, now we'e at the pinch your nose state where we have to vote for Knute, because. More years of Kate with a demo majority will just about finish off this state! More and more ( like me) will cash it all in for a little profit and leave, and while it sucks, and it o my forstalls the inevitable, at least we can breath free air a little longer!

Its called vicious truthing in the hopes you can shame folks to do the right and honorable thing. Since common sense has failed them.

I learned this in the Air Force, there are times when you have to kick some one in the head, shake out their head gear, and threaten them to do the right thing despite their personal feelings, or you threaten them with removal from the team, to be backed up with that action if they do not comply! Only ever had to send one dude packing because he could not put the team above him self, and his selfish desires!

I read about they block your posts to where you can post and it's visible on your page, but the info doesn't reach anyone. Not sure if this is actually happening, but not impossible. I will never join FB.
If you want to make a difference it's the local message boards that get the action. If its' run by a good person the conversation gets carried to common sense and peope will follow it. Some boards delete speech and it ticks people off so much they leave the board to find the conversation they want, Facebook hasn't found a way to stop it, truth finds a way. Local happenings is the key, it tells you how your neighbors think and you can discuss subject if the board has a good moderator that loves freedom. Not every board has freedom, they delete threads and comments because they don't like them... and the crowd leaves them looking for freedom.

We have two albany happenings boards, one run by a tyrant and the other by folks who love freedom. The talk on the good board is civil and informative with neighbors involved with their city. Boards like that are the future, censorship will kill a board if it's about politics but censorship works when it comes to hobby boards.

I'm disappointed in the turn out, too. I don't have anything intelligent to add to the posts I've liked so I wont try. I will say to all of you thinking of moving out of state if Oregon follows California and New York, if-when you're eligible to vote -you don't vote for the Constitution as it is written and intended, I'll send some friends to your houses to visit you. They'll be dressed in white shirts, black ties and slacks, wearing black name plates on their shirt pockets. They're great people, well mannered, and you may even learn something from them.

I'm putting all of my hopes on a repeat of 2016, here in this State. If not, I'll be calling the missionaries in my new ward to advise them of my arrival date.

I learned this in the Air Force, there are times when you have to kick some one in the head, shake out their head gear, and threaten them to do the right thing despite their personal feelings, or you threaten them with removal from the team, to be backed up with that action if they do not comply! Only ever had to send one dude packing because he could not put the team above him self, and his selfish desires!

It won't work well here on a hobby board which is sad because the only reason they can have a hobby is politics keeps it alive. Nut kicking here won't bring the shame they should have, it isn't about anyhing but their hobby here and bringing truth will get you removed from the conversation. When the site dies after the vote they will wish they had done better here trying to convince folks whats' right.

I'm disappointed in the turn out, too. I don't have anything intelligent to add to the posts I've liked so I wont try. I will say to all of you thinking of moving out of state if Oregon follows California and New York, if-when you're eligible to vote -you don't vote for the Constitution as it is written and intended, I'll send some friends to your houses to visit you. They'll be dressed in white shirts, black ties and slacks, wearing black name plates on their shirt pockets. They're great people, well mannered, and you may even learn something from them.

I'm putting all of my hopes on a repeat of 2016, here in this State. If not, I'll be calling the missionaries in my new ward to advise them of my arrival date.

You and your friends are always welcome at the Uri-ki household, bring an appetite as we don't do up meals small there! Leave the politics at the curb and be prepared to have discussions on a range of polite topics suitable for children's young ears!:)
While visiting, be prepared to talk about the future here in Oregon and how best we can work together to effect change for the greater good!

It won't work well here on a hobby board which is sad because the only reason they can have a hobby is politics keeps it alive. Nut kicking here won't bring the shame they should have, it isn't about anyhing but their hobby here and bringing truth will get you removed from the conversation. When the site dies after the vote they will wish they had done better here trying to convince folks whats' right.
I will say this, in about 2 years, this forum will be a ghost town once 43 and 44 pass, and Kate and the dems have unrestricted control of the orgy of power they will have, and One I love it here! I have made more strong friendships here then any where else, and that lasts beyond any thing that happens, but it wall be a sad place to visit and reminisce over times past, where folks could enjoy freedoms now lost, and poor Joe Link will have sweated and blead t
True Red for naught! This saddens me greatly, a fine as any forum of folks from all over who have been trampled and beaten by a system that could have been reined in and controlled by thinking folks who couldn' be bothered to get off their asses and do something to stop the bleeding of our rights!
I'l still be here, I'll be the cold and bitter old man quiet reading the various censored threads and sharpening my claws for the day hard men must stand and fight for those who would not stand and fight for them selves!

I will say this, in about 2 years, this forum will be a ghost town once 43 and 44 pass, and Kate and the dems have unrestricted control of the orgy of power they will have, and One I love it here! I have made more strong friendships here then any where else, and that lasts beyond any thing that happens, but it wall be a sad place to visit and reminisce over times past, where folks could enjoy freedoms now lost, and poor Joe Link will have sweated and blead t
True Red for naught! This saddens me greatly, a fine as any forum of folks from all over who have been trampled and beaten by a system that could have been reined in and controlled by thinking folks who couldn' be bothered to get off their asses and do something to stop the bleeding of our rights!
I'l still be here, I'll be the cold and bitter old man quiet reading the various censored threads and sharpening my claws for the day hard men must stand and fight for those who would not stand and fight for them selves!

Even worse after 43 goes through the state will use the information on this board to hunt gun owners. Guys are foolish to post pictures and all the buying and selling they do. Threats they made against the government ect will be used against them and the board is the record. Fine part of it is you can meet your good friends in prison so bone up on your card games and chess game. Nothing goes away on the net, your words are never really gone even when the thread is deleted and your words here are owned....what will they do with them?

haha, my past 20 years in service to God and Country put me on a list far more important then any thing they would ever find about me here! I learned that lesson a few weeks after I retired and the "Job Offers" started rolling in!:cool:
As long as I continue to draw breath and take nourishment , I intend to be as big a pain in the azz as I can to those who deserve my full attention:D

I'm sure I am on dozens of lists. Posting gun pix and speaking my mind on a forum are honestly the least of my concerns. If the gov wants to kill me, they will. They'll get all of us if they really want to, but its a russian roulette game if they do, because some of us may not go down without taking a few with us. A cop friend of mine swore that after a couple cops get killed trying to take guns, they won't have anyone willing to eat a bullet to disarm the public. A couple Waco type incidents following a gun ban, would spark a shooting war and it'd be open season on anyone in a uniform.

As dirty as Kate and Co are, they still need door kickers and trigger pullers.

My contingency plan:
- 7 & 8 shot revolvers
- Lever action rifles with tube magazines of less than 10 rounds
- pump action shot guns
- SxS coach guns

None of which will be black, so they won't be classified as "assault weapons" :rolleyes:
Right. Check out the sw 627 5 inch Performance Center ss 8-shot N frame .357. I've been really coveting that. Though, come to think of it, I was drooling over it a good bit before this huge current anti-gun wave came along.

I prefer Old School B.P. .44 cal six shooters from my S.A.S.S. days! A really Sweet matched pair of Ruger Old Army pistols with a back up vest model .38 cal Colt Replica and a sweet M97 take down trench gun with 16 inch bayonet gets the job done, and done in style! Being able to run .45 Colt and .38 Colt ammo as well as hotter. 44 and .38 Black powder makes for a serious setup! I could also go all out with my Marlin XLR .45/70 for serious work and not feel under gunned at all!:D

well look at it this way Trump was not eh best choice but less evil then Hillary, so we have trump.
even though he talked about banning guns and due proses after taking the guns...
with KNUTE... well brown must be flushed down, and we just need to save the video clip of KNUTE saying any law that does away with the second should not be enforced, so that if or when he does try to pass or enforce a law that does we can replay it till the cows come home.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top