JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My vote is with anyone that can eject Brown. That vote falls to Buehler now. Help us Buehler 1 Kenobi. You're our only hope.
On the flip side - I am residing my house to make it pretty for a future buyer just in case Oregon goes "full retard" like it seems that it will. :(

I blame all the conservatives for abandoning Oregon for perceived safety in other locals. Those locals will eventually become the corners they have painted themselves into.

elsie

How long should someone stay, wasting energy, money, and loosing their freedom before its ok to leave? Voting does not seem to work in this state, and we can't shoot the bastards, so whats the alternative? Oregon Republicans are the ones that pride themselves on not being lazy welfare leeches but are too lazy to vote, and its a snake eating its tail, because the stronger the democrats death grip becones, the less hope it seems republicans have to win. Portland owns Oregon, the dems in the urban areas are simply more apt to vote. And if 50% is "high" turnout, and they win by a handful of points, then 25-30% or less of the population makes the rules for the other 70-75%

Whats the solution? Its a question that has been asked for at least 20 years, and has yet to be answered correctly.

How long should someone stay, wasting energy, money, and loosing their freedom before its ok to leave? Voting does not seem to work in this state, and we can't shoot the bastards, so whats the alternative? Oregon Republicans are the ones that pride themselves on not being lazy welfare leeches but are too lazy to vote, and its a snake eating its tail, because the stronger the democrats death grip becones, the less hope it seems republicans have to win. Portland owns Oregon, the dems in the urban areas are simply more apt to vote. And if 50% is "high" turnout, and they win by a handful of points, then 25-30% or less of the population makes the rules for the other 70-75%

Whats the solution? Its a question that has been asked for at least 20 years, and has yet to be answered correctly.
It's a real problem. In my wife's native Peru, they simply levy a fine for not voting, which must be paid before one can renew their identification card.

Perhaps it could be tied to drivers license renewals... Just a thought...

I wish I could answer your question but here is an example of the Repub snake eating it's tail. The Republican (a GOP PAC anyways) party screwed the pooch in House District 20 by giving Republican Primary Candidate Selma Pierce $20,000 and sealing the fate of Kevin Chambers who was her only primary opponent. He is very Pro2A and I think he could have gave incumbent Democrat Representative Paul Evans a run for his money. Now we are stuck with two anti-gun candidates unless we try a write in candidate but those rarely work.

Election outcome wasn't reported right in my opinion, they left out us independent voters. We are not allowed to vote for a Republican so thousands of votes were never made. The vote in Nov is a hot button issue that's going to cost the people of Oregon. Bloomberg and Soros will pump money into democrat tv adds and the posters will be calling every independent asking how they will vote.

Kate has the money to buy the election but democrats better think hard if they want her to win. If she wins it will motivate voters to fight back in other states.

It's a real problem. In my wife's native Peru, they simply levy a fine for not voting, which must be paid before one can renew their identification card.

Perhaps it could be tied to drivers license renewals... Just a thought...
Personally I would rather people didn't vote if they don't care about who or what they are voting for. I just thought that Pro2A supporters would realize what dire straights we are in and get busy but that didn't seem to happen yesterday. It could be that the true Pro2A supporters exist in smaller numbers than we are estimating. @Cheby may be right and we should change Oregon's nickname from The Beaver State to The Irredeemable State:(

...Kate has the money to buy the election but democrats better think hard if they want her to win. If she wins it will motivate voters to fight back in other states.
But sadly, will never motivate the voters in Oregon to fight back. What a complacent populace this state has...

Kinda reminded me of the movie Wall-e, the people on the ship... Fat, dumb and happy... Just let things continue on as they are...

Well it's high time that things be shaken up...

I don't know. I fled CA, I am loath to move again. When does it stop? When we are all underground or corned in Idaho and Montana?

Election outcome wasn't reported right in my opinion, they left out us independent voters. We are not allowed to vote for a Republican so thousands of votes were never made. The vote in Nov is a hot button issue that's going to cost the people of Oregon. Bloomberg and Soros will pump money into democrat tv adds and the posters will be calling every independent asking how they will vote.

Kate has the money to buy the election but democrats better think hard if they want her to win. If she wins it will motivate voters to fight back in other states.
Bloomberg's money is flipping attitudes in states all over the nation including Arizona. Who would of thought Bloomberg's money could buy control in Arizona. Scary stuff and we don't have that kind of money on our side to fight it. It is grass roots or nothing and the roots do not seem to be healthy for us right now.

A quick calculation shows the Dems turnout was damn near 20% greater than the Repub turnout for Gov Primary vote. Not a good sign. At that rate we would have to convince 11% percent of Dems to vote Buehler and I don't think that would ever happen.
You're forgetting the 45% of potential voters who COULD NOT vote this time. Those are the unaffiliated voters who make up 45% of the electorate in the general election. That's why Sam Carpenter could not have beaten Brown. Put up a far right conservative against Brown and the vast majority of that 45% goes to Brown. If they liked far right conservatism they'd be registered as Republicans. These are the voters that COULD vote for Buehler, and depending on how he campaigns, he could win.

The candidate whose image is most moderate will win. And here's why, they will get the vast majority of the 45% in the middle, and (hopefully) all of their party base. The Democrats are only 35% of total voters. The Republicans have 30% of total voters. Neither party can win without a majority of the non-affiliated, independent voters. Why are they independent? Because they don't like either party. So they will vote for the candidate that is LEAST like his or her own party. That's not Carpenter or Brown. That is Buehler. Buehler can win, but only if the Republican base votes for him.

We really need to lean on the contrarian Republicans that we know. You know who they are. They are the ones who have already thrown in the towel, and said that if Carpenter didn't win they aren't voting. They are the ones who will elect Brown by stubbornly staying home and not voting. If you know people like that ask them if they really want Brown to win, because that's what their scorched earth attitude will ensure.

But sadly, will never motivate the voters in Oregon to fight back. What a complacent populace this state has...

Kinda reminded me of the movie Wall-e, the people on the ship... Fat, dumb and happy... Just let things continue on as they are...

Well it's high time that things be shaken up...

This site hates me for my vicious truth but ever since the spotted owl the democrat's have run this state, over 30 years. Rather than bringing the truth of how dems have managed the decline of Oregon rather than building for its people they would rather go along and get along to not hurt feelings. It's offensive to find out the party you are in is those responsible for the poor shape the states in. Its' sad when folks dont' stand up for truth but it's going to bite them in the but as they go along with those stealing their guns.

Anyway enough of politics, it's more important to be able to order someone to bake your cake than keeping your guns:D

You're forgetting the 45% of potential voters who COULD NOT vote this time. Those are the unaffiliated voters who make up 45% of the electorate in the general election. That's why Sam Carpenter could not have beaten Brown. Put up a far right conservative against Brown and the vast majority of that 45% goes to Brown. If they liked far right conservatism they'd be registered as Republicans. These are the voters that COULD vote for Buehler, and depending on how he campaigns, he could win.

The candidate whose image is most moderate will win. And here's why, they will get the vast majority of the 45% in the middle, and (hopefully) all of their party base. The Democrats are only 35% of total voters. The Republicans have 30% of total voters. Neither party can win without a majority of the non-affiliated, independent voters. Why are they independent? Because they don't like either party. So they will vote for the candidate that is LEAST like his or her own party. That's not Carpenter or Brown. That is Buehler. Buehler can win, but only if the Republican base votes for him.

We really need to lean on the contrarian Republicans that we know. You know who they are. They are the ones who have already thrown in the towel, and said that if Carpenter didn't win they aren't voting. They are the ones who will elect Brown by stubbornly staying home and not voting. If you know people like that ask them if they really want Brown to win, because that's what their scorched earth attitude will ensure.
I hope you are right. I wonder how many of this 45% strongly supports the 2A?

Over and over they post the vote totals of the dems and the repub but hardly ever post the total votes in the election. How many total voters?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top