JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So far the results from the Primary Election are very depressing. I am not hopeful that Pro2A voters are going to turn out like I had hoped for in November. We need some big (ginormous) ideas on how to get Pro2A voters to step up, rally around Brown's opponent and Pro2A House candidates then turn out for November's election, anybody?

The Democrats turned out about 320,000 voters so far with less than a 100 precincts left to report and over 80% voted for Brown. So much for Brown being disliked by her own party. The Republicans only turned out 269,000 so far. And there was a pretty sizable split among Buehler and Carpenter supporters, 47% for Knute to 30% for Sam. With the distrust and hate I have seen directed towards Buehler, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Carpenter supporters don't vote or write in another candidate in Nov. I am having trouble seeing a path forward to taking back the House and now it's looking like we should be worried that the House and Senate could each reach a 2/3rds majority which would allow them to steamroll their agenda through the Legislature during next two sessions. If you see a logical and realistic political path forward that I am missing please share.

Oregon has a bunch of masochistic brainless followers. Our real life version of the walking dead. We have a choice between Buehler or Brown. Our seconf amendment rights may come from a barrel of a gun.

Oregon has a bunch of masochistic brainless followers. Our real life version of the walking dead. We have a choice between Buehler or Brown. Our seconf amendment rights may come from a barrel of a gun.
You may be right about there not being much daylight between the Gov Candidates but Buehler did vote against SB719 the gun confiscation bill. I am pretty sure that had Brown been casting that vote instead she would have voted for SB719. I'm guessing that won't be much consultation to you. If our choices are either "bad" or "worse", I'll take "bad"

Let's hope the Ruby in your name doesn't become too fitting.

While I might not like all of Buehler's politics, I have more faith in him than anything we've had in a while. Sam didn't come off well in the debate. If he runs again, I hope he works on his public speaking and debate skills.

While I might not like all of Buehler's politics, I have more faith in him than anything we've had in a while. Sam didn't come off well in the debate. If he runs again, I hope he works on his public speaking and debate skills.
I just hope Sam's supporters can accept the loss and move ahead by voting for the best choice between Buehler and Brown when it comes to gun owners rights. I also hope that his less conservative bent can attract some of the pro-gun democrats to vote for him.

The only way Knute wins the general is IP43 makes the ballot, and gun owners from both sides get off their arse and vote for their rights. Knute simply will not win the job on Republican votes alone.

Frankly, don't put it passed the Dems not to launch a #metoo campaign and pay some women to accuse him of inappropriate touching, abuse of position, rape, incest, or whatever. I hope he knows what he is in for, because if HE is not on Soros payroll, he gets to fight the Soros / Bloomberg money machine.

I am going to be working on contingency plans over the next 6 months just in case Oregon goes full retard. Sorry, but I am not staying in a state that makes me a criminal for doing nothing wrong and continues to be Californicated.

Yup... we have to hold our nose and vote for the lesser of two evils, yet again. Amazes me that republicans in this state are so gosh dang lazy, can't fill out a paper ballot and mail it inor drop it off.

Imagine if they had to stand in line to vote, you'd probably only get 2,000 or 3,000 total, state wide. This this dismal showing, the only way republicans will be swept into power is if the democrats don't run...

So sad...

The only way Knute wins the general is IP43 makes the ballot, and gun owners from both sides get off their arse and vote for their rights. Knute simply will not win the job on Republican votes alone.

Frankly, don't put it passed the Dems not to launch a #metoo campaign and pay some women to accuse him of inappropriate touching, abuse of position, rape, incest, or whatever. I hope he knows what he is in for, because if HE is not on Soros payroll, he gets to fight the Soros / Bloomberg money machine.

I am going to be working on contingency plans over the next 6 months just in case Oregon goes full retard. Sorry, but I am not staying in a state that makes me a criminal for doing nothing wrong and continues to be Californicated.
My contingency plan:
- 7 & 8 shot revolvers
- Lever action rifles with tube magazines of less than 10 rounds
- pump action shot guns
- SxS coach guns

None of which will be black, so they won't be classified as "assault weapons" :rolleyes:

Gun owners will turn out if, and only if, IP43 makes the ballot. KNUTE DID SAY that he would NOT ENFORCE IP43 if it passed. So even though I voted for Sam in the primary. Knute definately has my support in the general against Kate. We need Kate gone for more reasons then guns as well. She has been horrifying.

I recently talked to a group of democrat gun owners, I informed them that 43 would outright criminalize many women from owning a firearm for self defense, as the firearms targeted in the wording are actually encompassing the type of firearms that are easiest for women with hand issues and small stature to manipulate. I explained to them my moms history/medical history and told her about the m&p 380 EZ and how it was a godsend for her to have something she is strong enough to manipulate and can carry consistantly. I told them about her 22lr AR, and how the features make the rifle much easier to handle for smaller women as opposed to other types of rifles. At least of few of them expressed concern about this, and 1 of them actually realized her own firearm was at risk of banishment!

We must EDUCATE.

We must HUMANIZE gun owners. The hard left media has conditioned people to view gun owners as sub-human. We have to remind people that gun owners are literally regular good people.

Last Edited:
My contingency plan:
- 7 & 8 shot revolvers
- Lever action rifles with tube magazines of less than 10 rounds
- pump action shot guns
- SxS coach guns

None of which will be black, so they won't be classified as "assault weapons" :rolleyes:

Just make sure non of those gund puts any action components over your hand at any time while you operate it ;)

A quick calculation shows the Dems turnout was damn near 20% greater than the Repub turnout for Gov Primary vote. Not a good sign. At that rate we would have to convince 11% percent of Dems to vote Buehler and I don't think that would ever happen.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews