JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, here goes
This may be the wrong place to ask this. I decided to sell my Colt AR15 A2 Govt. Model. I'm the original owner.
It's a mid 90's Clinton post ban manufacture. Had a pre ban A2 that I sent back to Colt for repair, and I got this one back in it's place. It's 100% reliable. Has a 1:7 twist barrel that shoots tight groups with my 55 gr./ 2x.xx H335 loads.
I'm asking around to see what a fair asking price should be.
I would probably offer a serious buyer to try it out at Tri County range.
It's pouring down cats & dogs right now or I would snap some pics.

Last Edited:
Look on gunbroker for a similar model and reduce the price 20-30%.

AR's are at rock bottom prices right now so it'll probably have to be sold to someone with money that wants exactly what you have.

No reason a post ban even a Colt should go for more than $800-$900 in todays market.

Pre bans are going to be more expensive just because theres some states that only allow those but a Post ban Clinton era gun is going to even less valuable than a modern full featured Colt gun and those are available in the $900 range .

Depending on the elections, it could go for more in a few months. Dems in place prices goes up, Reps in Place they go down generally speaking. The last 10 years have really showed that pattern. If a Dem was in the Whitehouse I bet that Colt would near double what it is worth with a Rep in office. Just my take.,

Too bad they sent you back a post ban gun. A pre ban gun is worth a lot in certain states. I just sold a pre ban Olympic to a dealer in Connecticut via GunBroker and got my asking price within 24 hours. I suspect the dealer will mark it up and make at least $500 on it.

No reason a post ban even a Colt should go for more than $800-$900 in todays market.

Pre bans are going to be more expensive just because theres some states that only allow those but a Post ban Clinton era gun is going to even less valuable than a modern full featured Colt gun and those are available in the $900 range .

LOL
The original AR I had was a Green Labeled Box pre ban AR. I had to send it back to Colt for repair. What they sent me back was a Blue Labeled Box post ban AR.
When I called to challenge this, I as told they couldn't fix my original AR and they could no longer replace with the same style.
The only difference I could see between the two was the color of the box labels and the post ban unit didn't have a bayonet lug.
I also remember that the new AR had a different serial number and was shipped directly to my house.

If you have a post ban Blue label, sear block, large screw takedown pin gun and you think you can get more than $900 best of luck in this deluged with AR's market.

If you have a post ban Blue label, sear block, large screw takedown pin gun and you think you can get more than $900 best of luck in this deluged with AR's market.
I don't know what the going price is for one of these. That's why I'm asking. I may get an off set pin and do a conversion to flat top upper and try to sell the Colt upper.

It stopped raining so I took some pics.
Where would the sear block be ? DSC00013.JPG DSC00014.JPG DSC00015.JPG DSC00017.JPG DSC00018.JPG

Last Edited:
That is not a sear block gun.

So Colt replaced my Pre Ban AR with a Post Ban AR that doesn't have a sear block. Or maybe the sear blocks weren't invented yet.
Didn't the sear blocks happen about the same time as Al Gore discovered the internet highway?
Again I say the only difference I could see between the two was the lack of a bayonet lug.
Or am I missing some point.

I have a sale pending on an AR15 pistol for $380.

If that says anything about the market.

Heady times. Normally blue labels have sear blocks. Looks like yours is early and just has the weird takedown pin and no bayonet lug. It is not open low shelf though like green labels. It doesnt have the hardened pinned in place sear block so you could...in theory...pass it off as a late green label.

Attempting to appease the anti-AR folks (IIRC, it happened before the '94 legislation) COLT went to the sear block. IMHO, it was another d^*# move.*

So then.....

I personally......don't want a neutered (no bayonet lug) AR-15. But, that's me. Also for the record.......I CARE that my AR-15 has a threaded barrel.

Then.......the CLINTONs.......^@&% them!

*not to mention the trigger pin size and hole size (uppers and lowers) differences between the military and civilian versions.

Aloha, Mark

PS....for those interested in the COLT AR-15 differences. Check out......

http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top