JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a dear friend age 53 who is on his deathbed with cancer, and the associated complications and misery. He has a lot of points for a Buck in a unit that is hard to draw and has spoken to me about hiring a guide and packing into the backcountry in hopes of finding the Buck of a lifetime. My friend has a best friend who he has hunted with since they were young. I would like his hunting buddy to get his preference points, and wonder if it's possible.

I'm not aware of any way to transfer big game draw preference points in Oregon. The closest approximation would be to put into the draw as a party with another person which averages all party member points - an indirect way to partially transfer points.

That said, it never hurts to call up the main office in Salem, explain the situation, and see if you can work something out.

4034 Fairview Industrial Drive SE
Salem, OR 97302
Main Phone (503) 947-6000
(800) 720-6339

Ive never hear of allowing transfers either. The party application idea is probably the only path.
Your only chance is to call ODFW and plead your case and maybe someone can make an exception but never tell.

positive thoughts for you in this difficult time.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews