Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Pre Ban Worth the extra $$

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by rockstardrnkr, Jul 19, 2012.

1. rockstardrnkr

rockstardrnkr Vancouver Active Member

Any thread on this subject yet? If not what are your thoughts on pre bans and their prices.

Best deal I saw was a PWA commando at a gun show, guy was asking 600. I sold a gun cheaper than I had wanted to just to get it, but the guy had already left. I had one once before and loved it,

To me I like both pre ban and post bans the same. Pre bans do seem harder to sell though.

2. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Which ban? 1934? 1968? 1986? 1989? 1994 (no longer in effect)?

If you are talking about the 1994 ban some states have bans that mirror this and if you live there and want evil features then it would be worth it. If not you are buying a gun that is almost 20 years old or older............

3. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

I got into firearms after the 94 ban was lifted and i remember how hard it was to purchase black rifles right after that. Prices were nuts but now i don't think it makes a difference anymore. Manufacturers have added all of the "banned" features again.

4. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

There is was only 1 ban that applied to Ar15 rifles and that was the 94 AWB
    it was a 10 year ban that ended in 2004. there are a few states like NY that still have the ban.

5. rockstardrnkr

Well since Ive ever only seen people refer to pre ban as in the 94 AW ban thats what I was referring to but sure include the other bans in the topic.

6. rockstardrnkr

I know that Conn. still has it, I sold a pre ban lower to a guy in that state.

7. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Well then with some of them the only way to get the gun is to be a pre-ban. ALL machine guns for private sales are pre-ban. ALL "non-sporting" imported firearms are pre-ban.

eldillbo yes in theory only one ban applied to AR-15's. Yet if a company not located in the US makes an AR-15 it would fall under the 1989 ban and be non-importable unless all "evil" features were removed.

8. davemata

davemata Spokane, WA Well-Known Member

Just to add, in MA we still have the 1994 AWB, Romney gave it to use like a gift.