JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was able to score an 8 lb keg of Shooters World Precision Rifle. It is supposed to be some sort of "poor man's version of Varget". Of course, had to gamble on the 8 lb keg to make shipping and hazmat palatable. Hope it lives up to its' reputation.

Will give it a go with heavy bullets in .223/5.56 and with everything in .308 Win (125, 150, 155, 168 and 175). Curious to see if it can hang with Ramshot TAC in .223 and IMR-4064 in .308.

Amazing as to how fast they sell the sought after ones, very impressive. We have a very long way to go before things are back to normal.
As soon as it is you can count on most people going back to sleep and ignoring it. Stuff will be on sale weekly. Places will be waving Haz-Mat to get people to order. No one will want it. Until the next panic and the sky is falling and we will never see it again and on and on. Rinse and repeat. o_O

As soon as it is you can count on most people going back to sleep and ignoring it. Stuff will be on sale weekly. Places will be waving Haz-Mat to get people to order. No one will want it. Until the next panic and the sky is falling and we will never see it again and on and on. Rinse and repeat. o_O
I hope you are correct. Most manufacture's I've been speaking with are telling me two to four years. About 6 months ago I was looking for powder and had a long talk with Vista outdoors. They said they had two years of back orders and were no longer taking on new accounts. So I added VSTO to the ROTH, cant beat em, join them.

I hope you are correct. Most manufacture's I've been speaking with are telling me two to four years. About 6 months ago I was looking for powder and had a long talk with Vista outdoors. They said they had two years of back orders and were no longer taking on new accounts. So I added VSTO to the ROTH, cant beat em, join them.
An amazing number of people seem to daily come to the net to say they just heard of this panic shortage. This is something that has been going on since before Al invented the net. It follows the same cycle every time. Every time it is an exact copy of the last time.
So to make the people happy who want the doom and gloom? Ammo will never be seen again. This one will last at least a decade but there will be another panic ever couple years so there will never be ammo again. :D

Meanwhile in the real world, this panic started a year ago in March. So around 13-14 months ago. Last couple months a common round that is a good marker, 9mm ammo, has gone from vanishing in seconds if offered for $1 a around to sitting for a week when offered at 40 cents a round. If people look at places like the auctions they see there is literally tons of ammo sitting in storage by people who speculate. Selling for as much as panicked buyers will pay. Plants that make ammo are running every day cranking it out. All that ammo is still going out the door. The mass panic can only last so long.
Ever time this happens it ends exactly the same way. Just like it is now. Supplies trickle in until the panic goes the other way. Many holding huge amounts on speculation start to dump it trying to get in front of the crash.
As soon as it does 99% of the shooters go to sleep and ignore the ammo and supplies. Then something sets off another panic and we get to listen to the same thing all over again. People who were told they will never see ammo again. Actually kind of amazing to watch.
Then people wonder why history keeps repeating its self in every area of our lives? :confused:
Hey why not, give people something to do I guess. Doom and gloom always seems to sell quite well.

Last Edited:
An amazing number of people seem to daily come to the net to say they just heard of this panic shortage. This is something that has been going on since before Al invented the net. It follows the same cycle every time. Every time it is an exact copy of the last time.
So to make the people happy who want the doom and gloom? Ammo will never be seen again. This one will last at least a decade but there will be another panic ever couple years so there will never be ammo again. :D

Meanwhile in the real world, this panic started a year ago in March. So around 13-14 months ago. Last couple months a common round that is a good marker, 9mm ammo, has gone from vanishing in seconds if offered for $1 a around to sitting for a week when offered at 40 cents a round. If people look at places like the auctions they see there is literally tons of ammo sitting in storage by people who speculate. Selling for as much as panicked buyers will pay. Plants that make ammo are running every day cranking it out. All that ammo is still going out the door. The mass panic can only last so long.
Ever time this happens it ends exactly the same way. Just like it is now. Supplies trickle in until the panic goes the other way. Many holding huge amounts on speculation start to dump it trying to get in front of the crash.
As soon as it does 99% of the shooters go to sleep and ignore the ammo and supplies. Then something sets off another panic and we get to listen to the same thing all over again. People who were told they will never see ammo again. Actually kid of amazing to watch.
Then people wonder why history keeps repeating its self in every area of our lives? :confused:
Hey why not, give people something to do I guess. Doom and gloom always seems to sell quite well.
Cliff notes version........It's happened before. It will happen again.

Be prepared next time and you won't care that there is a shortage.

-E-

Cliff notes version........It's happened before. It will happen again.

Be prepared next time and you won't care that there is a shortage.

-E-
If ONLY people had memories this (ammo thing) is one of a HUGE number of "1st world problems" that would be nothing. I have pretty much given up believing this will ever happen. :s0092:
It can be funny to watch some times though.

If ONLY people had memories this (ammo thing) is one of a HUGE number of "1st world problems" that would be nothing. I have pretty much given up believing this will ever happen. :s0092:
It can be funny to watch some times though.
We fret that we can't find ammo for .16 -.20 cents a round yet there is some guy in Afghanistan, in a cave, with a bent barrel POS AK, sitting on thousands of rounds of 7.62x39 that he can't give away.

-E-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads