Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Question Posting video?

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Mikej, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I've tried, without success, to post video in a thread. These are mixed in with my personal pictures on my PC. I've taken the short videos with my Panasonic digital camera. If I right click on a video on my screen I get a highlighted "Copy", but "Paste" isn't highlighted when I right click in the response box of a thread.

2. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I dont believe you can upload video because they are too large in size for the forum to handle. I upload mine to youtube and then post a link here.

Joe13 likes this.
  3. Mikej

:eek: ???? Here's the thing, being computer stupid......They don't seem that big to me? They're quite small on my screen? And not very long.

Also, I may at some time in the future try to figure out "Uploading to youtube" but that won't be right away.

Thanks Bolus

4. 2A2Dend

2A2Dend .. Well-Known Member

Most videos we take on a video recorder or cell phone are HUGE, and the wrong format.
    In most cases (for me), uploading them would take far too long. So I convert and optimize for the best browser experience, and to reduce over all size of videos I wish to keep on my system.
    I use a piece of software that's free. It's called Handbrake.
    HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder

Using the above mentioned, does make them ideal for uploading to Youtube.
    In short, you open the program, browse to your video, apply the optimal settings for online viewing, hit start, and when done, a two gigabyte video is spit out at a size of 150mb, that is view-able in most players.
    Handbrake with convert and optimize (to my knowledge) any size video, input into it.

Note that; unless the forum is set-up for huge video uploads on their server, Youtube, or another upload source is needed.
    I would be happy to share my optimized setting to those interested.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    Mikej likes this.
  5. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Members actually do have the option of uploading video to their media albums, and then embedding the videos in their posts. However, I've never tested this. If you'd like to give it a try I'd like to hear how well it works (or doesn't!) :)

6. Mikej

Maybe......

7. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

A private YouTube account, where videos are only accessible by you or by a link from you is a solid way to do things. Then if you want to share outside of the forum you can.

Joe13 likes this.
  8. DONOTBUGME

DONOTBUGME Auburn, WA Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Wow so complex to add a picture.

9. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Gotta remember every second of video is the equivalent of 30 pictures as far as data goes. So uploading a 30 sec video would be the same as uploading 900 pictures.

Probably better to start a YouTube account and embed links to them.

Dyjital likes this.
  10. Mikej

Not at all!

horse-grazing-1570286.jpg

Joe13 likes this.