JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can anyone recommend a good watch repair shop in the Portland area? I have a couple of watches that are worth a lot to me that I'd like to get some work done on (great grandfather's pocket watch and father's rolex). I know I can google this and read online reviews and such but I'd prefer to get some recommendations from people I know are real and robots or paid endorsements. Thanks!

I had my dad's Vulcain watch repaired by Terry Nelson in Portland. He doesn't have a storefront and I actually mailed him the watch. It took him about 2 weeks to fix. The movement was not working and the dial needed refinishing. He did a great job. He will give you an estimate before he commences work. He kept me up to date on what was happening with the watch and even sent before and after photos. Below is the link to his website.

http://www.watchrepair.cc/

For the Rolex, go to an authorized dealer. I took mine to Ben Bridge, and they shipped it off to Rolex USA in Dallas. Got my 6619 (Oysterdate, mid 80s) back with new everything inside for ~$500.

As a side note, if a watch goes off to Rolex for service, they'll replace anything that doesn't meet spec; "Hurrah !!" you might think, however, depending on what kind of Rolex you have, that replacement has on more than one occasion destroyed the value of some rare and collectable watches of 70's and 80's vintage, especially if it's a dive watch.....

I know it's not PDX, but in Eugene there is Skeie's Jewelers located in the Oakway Mall. They are a Rolex dealer and have their own authorized Rolex technician in house so shipping to Dallas isn't necessary.

I know you know you could have googled, but I found a helluva lotta info here: http://www.watchuseek.com/home

I can't remember the name of the shop, but there is a very skilled watch/clock repairman on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy. in Beaverton, where a Cut Above Pawn used to be located. I've taken quality watches (two Swiss) there for routine tune-ups and to replace batteries. They do good work.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top