JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to a Portland Pickles game in Lents Park (I think it is called Walker Stadium). Really great atmosphere and I had a great time. They beat Yuba City 9-4 in a lively game with a lot of action.

I wanted to carry, but saw they have a no-guns policy. I saw no description of security in any thread here so just rolled the dice and packed. This was perfectly legal, of course, since no-guns signs on private property do not have the force of law in Oregon.

There was a fence around the park and all traffic had to go through one gate. There were a couple of folks taking tickets at the gate. There was absolutely no security check to go through. No wanding, no pat-downs, no detector at all. I carried without incident!

Go Pickles!!
upload_2017-6-29_14-44-18.jpeg

Every chance we get we should:

1) Take people shooting who have never shot a gun before, especially if you're good at teaching safety and keeping it fun!
2) Talk to like-minded folks about carrying guns and how it makes us feel, being able to protect ourselves and our families.
3) Be exceedingly careful how we talk to anti-gun folks. We should never retreat from a conversation like that, but keeping the conversation based on emotion (instead of "freedom" or statistics you learned on gunfacts.info) will speak their language.

Last Edited:
I went to a Portland Pickles game in Lents Park (I think it is called Walker Stadium). Really great atmosphere and I had a great time. They beat Yuba City 9-4 in a lively game with a lot of action.

I wanted to carry, but saw they have a no-guns policy. I saw no description of security in any thread here so just rolled the dice and packed. This was perfectly legal, of course, since no-guns signs on private property do not have the force of law in Oregon.

There was a fence around the park and all traffic had to go through one gate. There were a couple of folks taking tickets at the gate. There was absolutely no security check to go through. No wanding, no pat-downs, no detector at all. I carried without incident!

Go Pickles!!
View attachment 373363

I have no problem packing, but I do question your reference to private property. Is the stadium not still owned by Portland and is part of the Bureau of Parks?

If that were the case, then a no-guns policy would be illegal. I just assumed that the very fact they had a no-guns policy meant it was private property. I totally admit that I don't know the answer to your question.

Let's put it this way, if the park is, indeed, public property, then they wouldn't even be allowed to have a no-guns policy, just like the Port of Portland has to keep getting cease-and-desist letters over their no-guns signs at the airport.

Thanks for the heads-up, @WAYNO.

All this private, public, posted, not posted stuff makes my head buzz. That's why I asked too.

I tried having a discussion with a Multnomah County Deputy once, concerning the different scenarios of legally carrying. His answer, "find a gun on you or in your car, and I'm taking you straight to jail". That's all they know.

So...Aside from what's legal or not legal, your day could be spoiled in a hurry just cuz the man can.

All this private, public, posted, not posted stuff makes my head buzz. That's why I asked too.

I tried having a discussion with a Multnomah County Deputy once, concerning the different scenarios of legally carrying. His answer, "find a gun on you or in your car, and I'm taking you straight to jail". That's all they know.

So...Aside from what's legal or not legal, your day could be spoiled in a hurry just cuz the man can.
When's he up for reelection, and who can we get who will honor the oath of office?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top