JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can anyone verify the the alleged 3 handgun theft on Sunday 02/06/2011?
The Portland Police were at the exit that everyone was being directed to. Backpacks were searched as well as woman's purses and people had to lift jackets and shirts.
The police were polite and apologized for the inconvenience.
Not to complain about this if it was true but I hope it was not a ploy to use scare tactics against law abiding citizens into not attending gun shows believing they might be searched?
Sam Adams comes to mind??
I know all the vendors don't have cables through all there guns and cannot watch all their wares 100% of the time but---

My understanding, (second hand, as I was not searched and did not discuss personally with the PD), is that three handguns were stolen (from a dealer table), Local LEO's searched everyone leaving as it was a secured crime site, found the perp, and then stopped searching. Seemed reasonable to me under the circumstances, but in retrospect, I can see how tis type behavior may not be acceptable as it is too easy to abuse.

I will withhold my opinion until I have mulled the issue over a drink with friends, and by then, I won't be worth asking about it....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top