JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@The Heretic

Did you post this comment? LOL!

6A784728-B119-458D-83B0-8DD8DEDCC354.jpeg

And today I mowed part of said "lawn". It was finally dry enough. I usually mow about once or twice a year.

Wasn't easy; much of the grass was up to my waist.

I need to fix the starter on my flail mower.

In Texas you are allowed to shoot property thieves. Should be the law everywhere.

One of the biggest problems with this is "shooting at" someone. Now if the person lives out where there are no neighbors around that's one thing. Most do not live like that any more. So then you have to worry about where are those rounds going to end up?

One of the biggest problems with this is "shooting at" someone. Now if the person lives out where there are no neighbors around that's one thing. Most do not live like that any more. So then you have to worry about where are those rounds going to end up?

Around my humble abode, I subconsciously know where I can and cannot engage a perp, it's all about training folks.;)

All my rounds would end up in the perp... why spray and pray when you can shoot the loot(er)? :)

I had two guys robbing a tape deck from my Landcruiser in inner city Chicago. I stepped out with a Winchester 94 and pointed as they were departing. Down the street past them, while looking down the sight ,I saw a elderly neighbor. I put that gun away. It was 1976. I have not sighted in since.

All my rounds would end up in the perp... why spray and pray when you can shoot the loot(er)? :)

Yep no point in wasting ammo :)
Seriously though stuff like this makes me cringe as we have all read stories of some owner who does something stupid with a gun. Then here come the party of "we need to take all guns" showing it off as reason. Remember it was not long ago here some damn fool opened up on someone stealing his car and killed a neighbor instead. As "tempting" as it would be to shoot some car thief, I just can't bring myself to applaud anyone doing it. Now of course if I ended up in a Jury where someone did shoot the thief, then got charged? Guess you know they would not get a conviction from me. Assuming they did only shoot the thief. A ton of the problems and costs we who work have now are squarely in the lap of how so much crime is no longer punished.

Then there's the state where it became legal to shoot carjackers, due to the danger they posed to the occupants. However, that's a different animal. Noted that carjackings moved to other states tho... good result!!! :D

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews