JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Ridiculously high property taxes, one of the highest murder and crime rates in the nation and this is what our tax $ goes to. Unbelievable.

Ridiculously high property taxes, one of the highest murder and crime rates in the nation and this is what our tax $ goes to. Unbelievable.
Did you read that? Read the eligibility requirements.

It comes down to tax dollars going to keeping the pot shops open and, basically, the way I get it, do away with competition between the pot shops. This might explain why I have 5 pot shops within a square mile and a half of my home. But it's NePo. Where the city only cares about building apartments on tiny lots with no off street parking. And we still have dirt roads. Small businesses are stifled in favor of packing people on top of each other. Oh yeah, no law enforcement either.

"On Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021, Portland City Council passed the Cannabis Emergency Relief Fund (CERF). City Council's approval allocates $1.33 million in Cannabis tax revenue toward recovery efforts for Portland's cannabis industry."
First paragraph explains that it's only coming from Cannabis Tax Revenue. So unless you're buying weed, you're not paying into it.
Looks like they're just getting back the taxes that the businesses and consumers paid, which IMO isn't terrible, as the state can't do anything else with it yet, because at the federal level the tax revenue is considered proceeds from criminal enterprise.

"On Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021, Portland City Council passed the Cannabis Emergency Relief Fund (CERF). City Council's approval allocates $1.33 million in Cannabis tax revenue toward recovery efforts for Portland's cannabis industry."
First paragraph explains that it's only coming from Cannabis Tax Revenue. So unless you're buying weed, you're not paying into it.
Looks like they're just getting back the taxes that the businesses and consumers paid, which IMO isn't terrible, as the state can't do anything else with it yet, because at the federal level the tax revenue is considered proceeds from criminal enterprise.
That "20 is plenty" program that was developed to purposely stifle traffic flow in potland, under the guise of safety no less, was originally funded with, drum roll please, POT TAXES $$$! I don't know how much but I read that when all these stupid signs started going up, and countless millions of dollars have be spent on grid locking traffic in potland since then.

True.

Imagine the crime relief that might happen if they earmarked that same money for crime prevention. Like an officer or 5 patrolling the streets.

That "20 is plenty" program that was developed to purposely stifle traffic flow in potland, under the guise of safety no less, was originally funded with, drum roll please, POT TAXES $$$! I don't know how much but I read that when all these stupid signs started going up, and countless millions of dollars have be spent on grid locking traffic in potland since then.

The "20" program is a failure. This year has been the deadliest on record in relation to traffic fatalities.

The entire city hall should all be swinging from a piece of rope tied to a really tall tree. They have destroyed the entire city and any semblance of public safety.

True.

Imagine the crime relief that might happen if they earmarked that same money for crime prevention. Like an officer or 5 patrolling the streets.
1638470633905.jpeg

Tax $ should go to public safety first because that is BY FAR the biggest need, Not to supporting pot shops.

Meanwhile more than 40 million per year in taxes going to pay for homeless. We need law enforcement first and foremost.

The "20" program is a failure. This year has been the deadliest on record in relation to traffic fatalities.

The entire city hall should all be swinging from a piece of rope tied to a really tall tree. They have destroyed the entire city and any semblance of public safety.
They are still going strong with it too. Out 122nd and Halsey they've effectively block people from moving into the left turn lane to make a left turn. By limiting the number of cars that can pull into them. Which blocks cars in the left, straight through lanes. They're unhinged. Couldn't pass a mental stability test.

Tax $ should go to public safety first because that is BY FAR the biggest need, Not to supporting pot shops. We are spending millions state wide to fight the cartel pot growing operations with one hand and supporting pot businesses with the other hand. Completely nuts!

Meanwhile more than 40 million per year in taxes going to pay for homeless. We need law enforcement first and foremost.

Aligning domestically grown and regulated weed with cartels is a long stretch and shows your lack of knowledge about it in general.

Yep instead of $ tax money to make it easier to get to work and promote smooth flowing traffic on the arterials they've Done the opposite, reducing # of lanes, putting barriers to traffic everywhere which only forces poeple to use residential streets because it is the only way you can get through.

Aligning domestically grown and regulated weed with cartels is a long stretch and shows your lack of knowledge about it in general.
Do "WE" know that cartels aren't in the background running pot operations in Oregon? Who would oversee that? Those at The Capitol in Salem? Oh they're totally honest, smart and beyond reproach.

Do "WE" know that cartels aren't in the background running pot operations in Oregon? Who would oversee that? Those at The Capitol in Salem? Oh they're totally honest, smart and beyond reproach.

Then you'd be okay with people aligning law abiding firearm ownership with criminals as well?
Same folks are in charge of those programs as well.

Being disingenuous for the sake of sensationalism is a terrible strategy and something that happens in the MMS.
We are better than that.

With what little my eyes have seen of what the city, county and state leaders do in our cities, counties and state, and the direction I see this state headed, NOTHING would surprise me anymore.

Y'know... even though they say it's coming from "pot taxes", that's $1.3million bucks that DON'T make it into the general fund.... so yup...yer paying for it.

It's kinda like they're returning $1.3 milion in sales tax revenue collected from Macy's and then telling you, "because you never shop there it's not your taxes their spending". :mad:

Last Edited:
Then you'd be okay with people aligning law abiding firearm ownership with criminals as well?
Same folks are in charge of those programs as well.

Being disingenuous for the sake of sensationalism is a terrible strategy and something that happens in the MMS.
We are better than that.
I don't know what you're inferring. All I'm saying is that the people in power in Salem/potland are turning this state/city to crap. I'm not okay with any of it. People that are anti second amendment all ready see us as would-be criminals.

Sensationalism? I live in a part of town where 911 doesn't pick up the phone. Mainly because non emergency doesn't pick up the phone. People get beat in the store parking lot and police don't come.

Pretty sensational, also true.

Did you read that? Read the eligibility requirements.

It comes down to tax dollars going to keeping the pot shops open and, basically, the way I get it, do away with competition between the pot shops. This might explain why I have 5 pot shops within a square mile and a half of my home. But it's NePo. Where the city only cares about building apartments on tiny lots with no off street parking. And we still have dirt roads. Small businesses are stifled in favor of packing people on top of each other. Oh yeah, no law enforcement either.
It could be worse, they could have spent it on the homeless.

We've got it pretty good now though. The homeless camp on our street, 'bout 75 yards from our home, has a guy living in a motor home that cleanes the street after the temporary homeless people stay for a couple of nights and leave a buncha' bubblegum.

I don't know what you're inferring. All I'm saying is that the people in power in Salem/potland are turning this state/city to crap. I'm not okay with any of it. People that are anti second amendment all ready see us as would-be criminals.

Sensationalism? I live in a part of town where 911 doesn't pick up the phone. Mainly because non emergency doesn't pick up the phone. People get beat in the store parking lot and police don't come.

Pretty sensational, also true.

Now you're being obtuse.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top