JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd rather see them spend it on the homeless. That is after they find some that would actually be responsible to the best of their ability.
I like to see small businesses thrive even if they are nudie clubs, taverns, FFLs or pot shops. I haven't found a good reason to support the homeless yet, especially in todays low unemployment rate environment. They are a scourge on society. I might support using tax dollars to relocate them to the other side of the globe (China perhaps).

Y'know... even though they say it's coming from "pot taxes", that's $1.3million bucks that DON'T make it into the general fund.... so yup...yer paying for it.

It's kinda like they're giving $1.3 milion in sales tax revenue to Macy's and then telling you, "because you never shop there it's not your taxes their spending". :mad:
Not exactly.
It's more like if the federal government made macys illegal, but individual states decided it wasn't, and they were allowed to operate inside of those states freely, but all of their goods carried a specific state tax. So, those who shop there are the only ones paying that tax. Now also imagine that as far as the fed was concerned, those state tax proceeds were considered to be the proceeds of criminal enterprise and are not allowed to be put in the general fund of the state. Imagine further that the state decided that due to unforeseen hardships, they wanted to give macys back some of that money so that they could continue to operate.
That's more like what this is.

That "20 is plenty" program that was developed to purposely stifle traffic flow in potland, under the guise of safety no less, was originally funded with, drum roll please, POT TAXES $$$! I don't know how much but I read that when all these stupid signs started going up, and countless millions of dollars have be spent on grid locking traffic in potland since then.
If it's accurate (and it's not unlikely that it is) that they used pot taxes to pay for it, then they're breaking federal law. They would have to wash it pretty good to keep that under the radar. The only thing that they're really able to do with it is give it back. It can't even be donated if the receiving person/organization wants to be legal and put it on their taxes.

Last Edited:
If it's accurate (and it's not unlikely that it is) that they used pot taxes to pay for it, then they're breaking federal law. They would have to wash it pretty good to keep that under the radar. The only thing that they're really able to do with it is give it back. It can't even be donated if the person/organization wants to be legal and put it on their taxes.
At the beginning of the 20 is plenty thing I looked up where the money came from. It was $300,000.00 that was paying for those signs that came from pot taxes. Unfortunately I'm sure I wouldn't be able to find it again. Could be mistaken I guess. Just the fact that roads are falling apart in the city while brand new curb/ramps are being installed after destroying the EXISTING curbs/wheelchair ramps tells me all I need to know.

Now you're being obtuse.
What does it mean to be called obtuse?

Obtuse, which comes to us from the Latin word obtusus, meaning "dull" or "blunt," can describe an angle that is not acute or a person who is mentally "dull" or slow of mind. The word has also developed a somewhat controversial sense of "hard to comprehend," probably as a result of confusion with abstruse.

KMA

Obtuse, which comes to us from the Latin word obtusus, meaning "dull" or "blunt," can describe an angle that is not acute or a person who is mentally "dull" or slow of mind. The word has also developed a somewhat controversial sense of "hard to comprehend," probably as a result of confusion with abstruse.

KMA

Kiss your own arse.

Guy wacked out on drugs attacking cars and with a steel pipe here now. Called 911 and they moved him on. Went about 30' then after cops gone he tried to attack two women but they ran away.

After he threatened second woman I was going to move him on. But then two tri met suvs pulled up. He went down the block now. So looks like police did nothing and called in tri met who did nothing. No physical attacks on ppl that i saw but he chased them with a pipe.

Last Edited:

KMA
It's cool how you pick and choose what definition you find.
Unfortunately you're incorrect, as usual.
Thats the screenshot from the first result on google.

Screenshot_20211202-130112_Google.jpg

Guy wacked out on drugs attacking cars and with a steel pipe here now. Called 911 and they moved him on. Went about 30' then after cops gone he tried to attack two women but they ran away.

After he threatened second woman I was going to move him on. But then two tri met suvs pulled up. He went down the block now. So looks like police did nothing and called in tri met who did nothing. No physical attacks on ppl that i saw but he chased them with a pipe.
Was that downtown? By Kelly's?
If not, just walked by an almost identical situation.

Was that downtown? By Kelly's?
If not, just walked by an almost identical situation.
I'm not familiar with Kelley's. I hope he doesn't hurt somebody. This guys is out of his mind. Has a steel pipe about 12-14" long that police did not take from him. He was trying to break bus stop glass but then went after cars. He didn't have it in his hand when he was chasing people. About 60 years old long grey beard grey hair pink shirt grey sweat pant type pants. Black puffy pocket type coat. Looks to be wacked out on something. Violent. No question if he attacks wrong person with that pipe he will be shot. Maybe that's why cops high tailed it.

I'm not familiar with Kelley's. I hope he doesn't hurt somebody. This guys is out of his mind. Has a steel pipe about 12-14" long that police did not take from him. He was trying to break bus stop glass but then went after cars. He didn't have it in his hand when he was chasing people. About 60 years old long grey beard grey hair pink shirt grey sweat pant type pants. Looks to be wacked out on something. Violent.
Sedative time. 9mm. 40 or 45 will all calm him down.

I'm not familiar with Kelley's. I hope he doesn't hurt somebody. This guys is out of his mind. Has a steel pipe about 12-14" long that police did not take from him. He was trying to break bus stop glass but then went after cars. He didn't have it in his hand when he was chasing people. About 60 years old long grey beard grey hair pink shirt grey sweat pant type pants. Black puffy pocket type coat. Looks to be wacked out on something. Violent. No question if he attacks wrong person with that pipe he will be shot. Maybe that's why cops high tailed it.
Ah.
This was downtown, shirtless dude probably in his thirties. Also out of his mind on drugs, likely. Was attacking graffiti removal guys, police are involved.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top