JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
TCGC has a 600 yard range with electronic targets! DRRC has a 1000 yard range.
Rifle and pistol matches are open to the public at both.

Are there any ranges that do not require an NRA membership? I believe both tri county and douglas ridge do.
No joke. I just got into a club but the NRA membership was mandatory….. it was almost enough for me to walk away. I hate giving money to the NRA and the fact it's a requirement for most clubs is pathetic. If I lived closer to land I would just do that. But with gas prices and distance my hand was kind of forced if I want to continue training/shooting being in the metro area.

No joke. I just got into a club but the NRA membership was mandatory….. it was almost enough for me to walk away. I hate giving money to the NRA and the fact it's a requirement for most clubs is pathetic. If I lived closer to land I would just do that. But with gas prices and distance my hand was kind of forced if I want to continue training/shooting being in the metro area.
I feel ya, considering the help on M114 ... we put more into them then we get out ...

The NRA underwrites liability insurance for ranges at a cost about one-tenth of that from other insurers. And ... there are only a handful of states where there is even a choice as most carriers do NOT offer policies at all.

Quite simply, the vast majority of shooting ranges would have to close without NRA insurance as they either would have no insurance available or the cost would bankrupt them.

I had no problem joining NRA if it's required to join a gun club. Just add that to the cost of joining. I didn't want to join NRA but accepted it as an extra cost to have shooting privilege at the gun club. I believed that most gun clubs/ranges wouldn't be open without NRA support and insurance. Besides, joining NRA is like getting a subscription to a gun magazine. I basically discard all the emails and mail asking for money.

Most shooting ranges/clubs wouldn't be affordable without NRA's help. Imagine joining a gun club or going to a gun range costing double. Are you ok with that? Or only a couple of places will remain open and fewer places to go shooting.

Not an NRA fan but accepted it..

I had no problem joining NRA if it's required to join a gun club. Just add that to the cost of joining. I didn't want to join NRA but accepted it as an extra cost to have shooting privilege at the gun club. I believed that most gun clubs/ranges wouldn't be open without NRA support and insurance. Besides, joining NRA is like getting a subscription to a gun magazine. I basically discard all the emails and mail asking for money.

Most shooting ranges/clubs wouldn't be affordable without NRA's help. Imagine joining a gun club or going to a gun range costing double. Are you ok with that? Or only a couple of places will remain open and fewer places to go shooting.

Not an NRA fan but accepted it..
In one of my more elitist points of view, I'd pay triple if it kept me from having to deal with the "poors". They trash the woods and I've had enough of dealing with that, so I'm a member of multiple private ranges. And none required NRA membership. No range Nazis, either. All 100% worth the money.

Granted, I'm an NRA member anyway, but that's another story. I like when they don't get to throw their weight around as often as they seem to.

In one of my more elitist points of view, I'd pay triple if it kept me from having to deal with the "poors". They trash the woods and I've had enough of dealing with that, so I'm a member of multiple private ranges. And none required NRA membership. No range Nazis, either. All 100% worth the money.

Granted, I'm an NRA member anyway, but that's another story. I like when they don't get to throw their weight around as often as they seem to.
Your public range info please. I'm looking for non nra also

The NRA underwrites liability insurance for ranges at a cost about one-tenth of that from other insurers. And ... there are only a handful of states where there is even a choice as most carriers do NOT offer policies at all.

Quite simply, the vast majority of shooting ranges would have to close without NRA insurance as they either would have no insurance available or the cost would bankrupt them.
Once the NRA goes belly up, so does that insurance. Any idea if GOA underwrites liability insurance for ranges?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews