JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"But bearing arms goes beyond self-defense. I've long thought it holds an intimate connection to liberal education."

"I carry a Ruger .22 pistol, which is comfortable, even though, according to the highest government authority, the most it can do is lodge a round in an assailant's lung. I also have a Canik 9MM. (My preferred choice, the Glock 43, the Commonwealth considers too scary to allow it to be sold to civilian residents.) The same high authority said the 9MM round will blow an attacker's lung out of his body. Alas, The Science shows that's just not the case."

"How about including in a liberal education, say, firearms training? Numerous philosophers knew how to handle weapons, at least defensively. As a citizen, knowing how to safely handle a variety of firearms makes one an asset to one's family and neighborhood, against assailants foreign and domestic. It also helps to instill habits of personal responsibility, without which it's impossible to have any sort of freedom worthy of the name."

Last Edited:
"Before you hitch an Airstream to your electric truck and set out to circumnavigate the country, you need to understand this: With the largest available battery pack, a fully charged 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning electric truck has less energy onboard than a regular F-150 with four gallons of gas in its tank."

How far can you go on 4 gallons. On my motorcycle about 200 miles. In my Corolla 120.

"Consider how far a combustion-powered F-150 tows on four gallons of regular unleaded. Fifty miles? Maybe 60 if you drive slowly?"

They still seem to be trying WAYYYY too hard to like it.
(typical Motortrend, after all, they did name the Chevy Vega the "Car of the Year" in '71)

There was no mention of climbing long hills....
... sounds like I'd be lucky to make the top of the Lewiston Grade! :s0153:

Also, they don't mention how long it takes to recharge! (at least I'd have a bed to sleep in while waiting) :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top