JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I totally agree. Expensive to shoot, more expensive to reload (than .223) and my friends that have them are way more accurate with their .223/5.56's and finicky :s0006:from what I've seen
Nice CQC piece with a beefier bullet but I always enjoy bang for my buck so I'll stick with my .223:s0010:

https://quillette.com/2022/06/12/the-burden-of-the-best/

Chawla, "I would define mental toughness as grit. Tenacity. And a fairly big chunk of that is having some discipline over your own impulses—doing things even when your mind is objecting.

"Human beings need to be tested. They need to be hurt occasionally. They need to see their coping resources stretched thin. They then build additional resources and learn the golden lesson: Tomorrow is indeed another day. "

"A plumber today might not be just an ordinary employee, but actually, with the right career moves, the boss of a plumbing company. Does the plumber, however—or for that matter the builder, elderly care worker, or shelf-stacker—need to move into a higher social class for their job to be seen as worthwhile? "

"Theirs is work that needs to be done and that is valuable to us all."

" the right character traits, such as self-discipline, social skills, motivation, a good work ethic, perseverance, reliability, and emotional stability." *

*uh-ho Western European values

Ronald Reagan understood the value of contributive justice. In his inaugural speech in January 1981, he highlighted everyday "heroes":
Our concern must be for a special interest group that has been too long neglected. It knows no sectional boundaries or ethnic and racial divisions, and it crosses political party lines. It is made up of men and women who raise our food, patrol our streets, man our mines and factories, teach our children, keep our homes, and heal us when we are sick—professionals, industrialists, shopkeepers, clerks, cabbies, and truck drivers. They are, in short, "We the people," this breed called Americans.
Robert Kennedy ... put it this way: "We need jobs, dignified employment at decent pay; the kind of employment that lets a man say to his community, to his family, to his country, and most important to himself—'I helped to build this country. I am a participant in its greatest public venture. I am a human being.'"

This is about upgrading our view of vocational education and practical skills, while at the same time toning down the current focus on academic studies as the path to success, status, and self-respect. Moreover, most people have a completely different path to dignity and what they perceive as a worthwhile life: forming and taking good care of a family, spending time with friends, and being able to say that you support yourself and those you are responsible for by holding down a respectable and socially valuable job. That is precisely the value of work.

See also Mike Rowe.

Good action by the homeowner who remained calm.
Bad action by the LEO.

QI Qualified Immunity - How do you get there - it wasn't codified to not point a gun at homeowners when you have your 2yr old with you?

"In 2018, Chaves County, N.M. Sheriff's Deputy David Bradshaw, for reasons known only to himself, took great offense at being lawfully passed by another driver, Mario Rosales. Bradshaw—who was off-duty and driving an unmarked personal vehicle with his 2-year-old in tow—followed Rosales home, blocked him in his driveway, yelled profanities, and pointed his gun at Rosales, who was lawfully armed but calm and nonthreatening. Bradshaw eventually left after another deputy arrived. And last year, a federal district court granted him qualified immunity.

"But, among other infirmities, the court failed to consider whether Bradshaw was acting within the scope of his authority and thus whether qualified immunity is even available to him in the first place. So this week, IJ appealed the ruling to the Tenth Circuit, including the dismissal of the claims against the sheriff, who hired and retained Bradshaw despite his history of violent behavior.

Click here to read more."

The Catastrophe of 12 Million Fatherless American Boys.

The War on Poverty stated this crisis. Remember that. LB Johnson. Welfare benefits are higher for single mothers.

"From 1960 to 1996, the percentage of boys who lived without their biological father almost doubled—from 17% to 32%."

HOW THE WOKE CAME TO POWER: Seizing the Means of Knowledge Production. A shrewd chronicle and analysis of the Left's long march through institutions. It didn't start in academia, and it's been going on for more than a century.

Our Problems Aren't Procedural. Attributing responsibility for political discord to social media ignores the events driving dissatisfaction with contemporary American society. Woke ideology existed long before the Internet. It reigns now in institutions because of a generational shift as the baby boomers retire.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top