JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't want to drift this thread but… I want to start a campaign to create a property tax exemption for seniors over 65 who have lived in Oregon fir at least 10 years A property tax exemption on a primary residence tax exempt on the first $300,000 of assessed value. State to reimburse county Not sure where to begin.
Love the thought, but they will never do it. A majority of us old folks vote conservative, not woke progressive. They would run us all off except they like our tax dollars.

No worries. Drift away!
Oregon doesn't give a flying FART about people over 65. They want us to take the bus/transit everywhere and quit driving. Pretty obvious when they are allowing roads to crumble while spending hundreds of millions of dollars to stifle traffic flow. Trying to force people into electric cars that cost almost twice the price of gas cars. Public transit is NOT SAFE! And we're supposed to walk how many block to transit in cold weather, with nowhere to stand out of the rain/wind/cold. Taking 2.5-3 hours to do what could be done in the comfort of a car in 45 minutes.
Politicians spent $32 trillion dollars and we are that deep in debt. For an understanding, $1 trillion dollars would repave every paved road in America 7 times. You are right they are not spending the trillions on infrastructure.

The goal is to keep everyone still living to within 15 minutes of their home.

The goal is to keep everyone still living to within 15 minutes of their home.
I was on wheels at a young age. Like most of us Boomers probably. Probably been on wheels for several 100,000 miles in my 68 years. The generations that came after us seem happy to go along with the above. I wish the bastards would let me finish my life out as I please, when I'm a box of ashes they can do whatever they want.

I was on wheels at a young age. Like most of us Boomers probably. Probably been on wheels for several 100,000 miles in my 68 years. The generations that came after us seem happy to go along with the above. I wish the bastards would let me finish my life out as I please, when I'm a box of ashes they can do whatever they want.
Didn't expect life to be so interesting when I hit 71, one heck of a lot of change. They never could have done this without computers.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews