JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So if the firearms are clean now....
You fixed the issue....keep 'em in some sort of cover...and you are done.

I suppose you could conduct a tree cutting campaign to rid your corner of the world of maple trees...
Seems easier just to wipe down the firearms from time to time.
Andy
moved most of the firearms back into the gun closet
but clouds of yellow pollen from the Maples are blowing around today
closed up the windows and turned on 3 air cleaners

moved most of the firearms back into the gun closet
but clouds of yellow pollen from the Maples are blowing around today
closed up the windows and turned on 3 air cleaners
The pollen was so bad in Maine during August, it would cause flu like symptoms. I would get out of Maine for the second week of August.

I also run air cleaners here in Oregon when the yellow pollen coats everything.

people have to work when they own property
And they have to work the property. I've wondered before, do I own it, or does it own me?

closed up the windows
This is about the most sensible thing you can do right now when the pollen load is heavy. It's pretty bad here right now in the no. Puget Sound area too. Every morning that it isn't raining, I blow the cars off and that clears a lot of it. But not all, because some adheres. Then the rain comes along, and washes it off enough to concentrate in the cracks. Every so often, I have to wash the outside cars and get all the cracks with a toothbrush. Two cars sit out, two other sit under car ports. The vehicles under the car ports still get their share, as it blows under and settles. It's just the way it is, part of the four seasons. I wouldn't trade it for city smog and etc.

And they have to work the property. I've wondered before, do I own it, or does it own me?
but in the evenings, I take the RTV down into the woods by the bridge over the stream, sit on a stump of an old dead Maple tree and drink wine, while listening to the stream flow over the rocks
on nights with a moon, the trees move in the wind and the moon shadows move back and forth across the forest floor
when i head back to the house, I turn on the Work Lights on the RTV and drive up the trail between the ancient Fir trees
like an image of the forest moon of Endor from Star wars
all the work one puts into your property becomes a faded memory in this experience

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top