JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is the nose of the round diving into the frame feedramp, or the barrel ramp?
Right above the feed ramp on the barrel I got another spring and it works better but I still get it sometime 's I need to find some 380 ammo with more of a square tip or that special ammo that is like a X shape or some hollow points I tried all kinds of cheap target round nose stuff

I have another barrel that came in the bag of parts and a shorter barrel and slide I been debating if I should just get some sand paper and do the barrel a little bit at a time but I don't really want to mess it up because parts are hard to find lol

This what I would get View attachment 397879then if I just barely push on the back of the slide with my thumb it would go View attachment 397881

I have over the years seen an untold # of people who were "told" something about springs and there was almost no changing their mind. Springs weaken with use. The recoil springs will weaken with use. Often on an older pistol the first thing to check if it will not feed.

I have over the years seen an untold # of people who were "told" something about springs and there was almost no changing their mind. Springs weaken with use. The recoil springs will weaken with use. Often on an older pistol the first thing to check if it will not feed.
Yep I have extra springs for not glock and I have extra spring 's for my 1911 hell I got Springs for all my guns except the Star

From what you describe, that's a 3 point jam. Usually a barrel timing issue. A stronger spring may overcome the issue, but it's not fixing the root problem.

A note of caution with 1911's and the like...just because they run, doesn't mean they're running right.

From what you describe, that's a 3 point jam. Usually a barrel timing issue. A stronger spring may overcome the issue, but it's not fixing the root problem.

A note of caution with 1911's and the like...just because they run, doesn't mean they're running right.
It's not a 1911 but it's basically a copy of one

IMAG0582.jpg sorry bad picture but I'm to lazy to get up and go take another picture

This gun is not a priority gun I got it cheap for my mom to shoot at the range and possibly use it for home defense when I'm not home but she refused to do what I say when it came to defense shootings TWO TO THE CHEST ONE TOO THE FACE but she keeps saying I'll shoot him in the knees well the gun still sits in my safe I told her over and over if you don't listen to what I tell you then you get no gun your better off crying in the corner than trying to shoot them in the knees harsh but that's the way it is IF SHE WOULD LISTEN TO ME I WILL BUY HER A NEW GUN LOL

I have no problem buying her a new gun she knows how to shoot a gun. It's her mind set that holds me back I understand she doesn't want to kill anyone but that's basically my point if you don't want to kill anyone or stand your ground your better off crying in the corner hoping they don't hurt you rather than trying to shoot them in the knees witch is just going to make them mad IMAG0918.jpg IMAG0903.jpg IMAG0564.jpg IMAG0566.jpg

She's old has a hard time walking so she can't run and she won't leave her dog behind if the bad guy came in and hurt her dog he would get two in the head for sure but other than that nope she likes my 9mm and the 380 but

Funny story, i was sitting in the local coffee shop that just happens to sell a lot of guns, and in walks this guy, pretty well off looking and all, and he sits a brand new looking Beretta 92 INOX on the counter and wants to trade it in for a super duper trick custom expensive Night Hawk 1911! Turns out his Beretta wont run 100% and he is pizzed that he just plopped down a bunch o cash on this famcy italian job and it wont feed his favorit brand of ammo. Coffee shop owner offers him a agreeable amount in trade for the Night Hawk amd after the paper work and a few cups of killer brew, he is the happy owner of a bramd new 1911 and has washed his hands of that nasty no good I-talian hunka junka! After he leaves and the place cools down a bit, i picks up the nasty 92 and asks how much, beinga ita such a piece of crap, cause he said so and all, ans the owner says give me 10 bucks more then i just paid plus the BCG and call it good. Took her home to show the wife and play with it for a bit. Turns out it only needed to be broken in a little bit and to try a few diffrent loads to see what it liked! That beretta is now the wifes purse carry piece and is 100% reliable amd darn sexy too! Some times a feller shouldnt own fancy italian stuff, hes liable to eff it up but good!:D:D:D

Funny story I'm not like that guy I will buy every type of ammo there is and change parts on a gun before I give up on it lol and then I will still probley keep it HEHEH

I guess I should have said before that ANACORTES WA is not a high crime Area lol the chance of some one breaking into my house are slim to none but you never know I grew up in southern California and lived in South Tacoma for years even though crime is next to nothing here I STILL SLEEP WITH A GUN CLOSE BY. We have no street lights and the only store that is open after 00:00 is the 7/11 on Friday and Saturday there are some bar's but that's it but like all other small town 's the homeless drug addicts are showing up unless they just get to town and hang in front of the 7/11 and ask me for change lol NO CHANGE GET THE F!@#$ OUT OF TOWN IS MY RESPONSE most of the time depends on the time of day and who's around lol

I have no sympathy for these useless people a drain on the rest of us I don't work my A$$ off to give them change to buy drugs so back on topic I don't polish my feed ramps on my 1911 it's a Kimber and it works just fine I could sell my Kimber and give every homeless drug addict in ANACORTES 20 BUCKS lol but why when I can just buy more ammo and wait till we get to PURGE LOL

like stomper said it may not need it, but what i did on ones i got that were not as shiny as i wanted i just used my dremel with polishing tips and some flitz polish. There are many kinds some better than others this is a link to one i found on amazon.https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Mandr...rd_wg=qooI2&psc=1&refRID=DAGZA3V4MQWZFRFVGW35

When I had some FTF problems with my new Kimber Ultra Carry Pro a couple of years ago trying to run Hornady Critical Duty ammo, I asked a certified Kimber gunsmith about it. I had already made sure it wasn't an issue with the mags; got the same occasional hang with all of them. After seeing me shoot the Kimber and noting I didn't even come close to limp-wristing it, he advised, "Grab your Dremel tool, put the polishing wheel on it, add some Flitz (or Dremel's polishing compound, virtually the same thing) and polish it until it's a mirror!" I did that and it did reduce the FTFs with Critical Duty. However, Hornady Critical Defense, with the FTX bullet, never had a FTF, so I use that for EDC. It's just a trust thing: carry what has never failed, if it's sufficient to the task.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top