JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes I bought a budget rifle.... figure a lot of cost savings is usually quality control and fine tuning hand work. I'm new to bolt action and just purchased a Savage mod 93 in .22 WMR. I have a 22-250 savage that's smoother and an old mouser that's got a glass finish on bolt.

Looks kinda bead blasted around contact surfaces in and around bolt handle and channel. I assume this'll polish up on its own with use. Could I expedite this with compound or toothpaste?

Was just wondering if I could damage the finish..... maybe not function..... but that's why I'm putting this out there. Just seams gritty and jerky.

CED02EEE-3800-42C5-A826-D483A8D7A944.jpeg F8ACC49A-1348-428D-B2EF-5B5EA0AD77AB.jpeg 4CB6C307-50C3-4F54-8A0D-4AEAFF0FEA7B.jpeg D2FA418B-C3AD-4A43-B6ED-0D13DD638EA4.jpeg

I read "pole ish" three times before I realized "pawl ish"

Get down on the end of the bolt knob with some paste metal polish and a piece of denim.
That's gonna show you what you need to know about finish composition.
I would assume that's some sort of stainless steel through and through, but its not my rifle .

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top