JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
with orlando still unfolding today a thought struck me in an attempt to analyze how this is starting to happen so frequently.
I thought of wartime mentality, in which the enemy is dehumanized through propaganda to make it psychologically easier to kill them. then it struck me that with police being trained to remain aloof and detached in horrendous circumstances, doesn't this dehumanize them in the eyes of the public? If they don't seem human doesn't it make them easier for someone who is unstable to kill them?

The really bad part is if this is the case it seems the police are the architects of their own problem.

I don't need to ask, but "any thoughts"

The police themselves have spent decades fostering an us vs them mentality. The public they are serving have lost faith in them and see them as an occupying force more than as public servants. No one that anyone cares about in the black leadership is talking about non violence any more. The cops need to be retrained. Deadly force should be the absolute LAST resort. Bad press from overzealous shooters is just not working for them.

I wished they would go back to colors units from LA and round up all these gnag bangers, dealers, and anyone affiliated with blm, black panthers.

These people are no doubt either supported or inspired by isis type groups.

Just more terrorism.

Kill them all

"The law is an a55", Meaning the making and application of the law is more and more contrary to common sense.
Origin;

This proverbial expression is of English origin and the a55 being referred to here is the English colloquial name for a donkey. Donkeys have a, somewhat unjustified, reputation for obstinance and stupidity that has given us the adjective 'asinine'. It is the stupidly rigid application of the law that this phrase calls into question. Made popular in the novel by Dickens' "Oliver Twist".

It has become increasingly difficult for police to operate in a "common sense" manner due to the current idiotic, mostly political, doctrine of "fairness" that defines it as the "same outcome for everyone with circumstances deemed irrelevant". The "everyone gets a trophy" mentality also has come to mean "everyone gets arrested". Because "discretion" of action has been effectively removed from an officer's training and replaced by a rigid "fairness" edict from politicians. Add this to a constant political push to pass laws and regulations that seem to be designed more to be revenue generating "solutions in search of problems" and just plain asinine. Then, they require the police to enforce them "fairly" (ie, "rigidly without exception") resulting in the Politicians getting a mention for "caring" on the News and the cops become perceived as bullies. But, it's the very policy of "fairness" that is causing the increase of minority arrests and attendant surge in distrust of cops.
The job of policing generally ends up concentrated in specific areas simply due to frequency of need. Their response to that need in these areas and their more and more limited ability to respond on a case by case basis to the individuals involved results in the populations living in areas of concentrated demand getting constant, by-the-book attention...building up frustration which can end up boiling over as a shooting over a simple burned out tail light or instance of jaywalking.
People are starting/trying to push back, but their anger is currently being taken by "Agenda Activists" (politicians' operatives) and mis-directed towards the police rather than the Politicians that direct them.

River..."We meddle...People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think. Don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."
Teacher..."We're not telling people what to think. We're just trying to show them how."

(Firefly/Serenity)

Last Edited:
I do not hate law enforcement I despise the few that think the answer to any problem is deadly force. I was taught to respect officers but when you have a better chance of ending up hurt when asking for help something is wrong. There are a lot of really good officers out there but it is very difficult to tell a good one from one that should not be wearing a badge. I support our LEO"s as I do the military but it makes you question them when an unarmed person gets shot.

But you have to look at it from their perspective.

They don't know someone doesn't have a gun or knife.

So do you wait until you get shot or stabbed then react?
I wouldn't, and I wouldn't expect them to.

Either you comply and don't get shot or tazed, or you don't and you get your stupid prize.

With society these days, gangs, drugs, mental people you have to assume the worst.

You can't blame a cop for making a split second decision. You can blame a person for being an idiot.
Millions of people have interactions with LEOs daily, they don't get shot. Why?
Because they aren't criminal dirtbags.

No one can blame them unless you walk in their shoes.

We dont have to walk in their shoes. They are employees of the state. We always hear that they reacted according to their training when confronted by a situation that started to go south. Their training is faulty. Deadly force by the police should be the absolute last resort after other less lethal avenues have been pursued. Give them the proper tools and training to be able to do their jobs without resorting to their weapon as their first line of defense when they think things MIGHT be going south.

Or...

Deal with police assassinations by a fed up public every week.

Killing everyone you consider a threat to the police probably isnt going to get approved and as we all know continuing to do things the same way you have been and expecting different results isnt always the best plan.

Last Edited:
Dont fall intote media trap people. Line of duty deaths are down almost 50% since 1992. Deadly uses of force are fairly rare in reality considering there are nearly a million LEOs nationwide logging millions of hours and millions of contacts with fewer than 1000 uses of deadly force in 2015. And this is with more and more people exercising their right to keep and bear arms.

We are being lead to believe there is a problem that statistically doesn't exist.

Statistics mean nothing when you have the media. The police killings you have now and those you had in 1992 are completely different. They are large scale assassinations now.

We dont have to walk in their shoes. They are employees of the state. We always hear that they reacted according to their training when confronted by a situation that started to go south. Their training is faulty. Deadly force by the police should be the absolute last resort after other less lethal avenues have been pursued. Give them the proper tools and training to be able to do their jobs without resorting to their weapon as their first line of defense when they think things MIGHT be going south.

Or...

Killing everyone you consider a threat to the police probably isnt going to get approved and as we all know continuing to do things the same way you have been and expecting different results isnt always the best plan.

In your logic I think gun control will work too

Saying police have a hard job is true saying police have a hard which allows them to kill impunity is not. When unarmed individuals do not fully comply should not mean the officer can immediately respond with deadly force. That type of ignorance got us to where we are today.

In your logic I think gun control will work too
You can read it however you want but if you think things are working out fine now then we can just keep doing things the way we are. A couple of shootings of police officers a week and pretty soon the old knee jerk reaction of "ban the guns" comes into play.

You have a large minority segment of the population that feels that they are under attack. Killing them all as you suggest doesnt seem like its going to be accepted as a plan. What then ? Perhaps accepting the idea that given their history with the police they might have a valid point even if some of their ranks have decided to take on terrorist tactics.

I always try to look at these conflicts in the lens of what would I do if I was placed in their situation. I cannot say with 100% certainty I wouldn't be on a rooftop fighting for my people.

Last Edited:
But you have to look at it from their perspective.

They don't know someone doesn't have a gun or knife.

So do you wait until you get shot or stabbed then react?
I wouldn't, and I wouldn't expect them to.

Either you comply and don't get shot or tazed, or you don't and you get your stupid prize.

With society these days, gangs, drugs, mental people you have to assume the worst.

You can't blame a cop for making a split second decision. You can blame a person for being an idiot.
Millions of people have interactions with LEOs daily, they don't get shot. Why?
Because they aren't criminal dirtbags.

No one can blame them unless you walk in their shoes.
:confused:Cough,cough an ahahbulllshnit:eek:
Some of these incidents is because the cops either weren't trained correctly or they have their little God complex.
Does not matter if they are a dirt bad, the constitution says they are to get their day in court.
Maybe some day when guns are outlawed and the come for you,you will quote something from the constitution .
Gotta be fair for everyone or it won't be fair for anyone;)

Or...

Getting off every time you shoot someone,right or wrong,doesn't make you real popular.
I would love to see the break down of Leo shootings and how few have ever been convicted of murder.
It doesn't happen much
Absolute power creates absolute corruption.
If you know you won't get convicted of murder,why not just shoot the dirt bag?
Cops are not spotless. They need reined in too

Statistics mean nothing when you have the media. The police killings you have now and those you had in 1992 are completely different. They are large scale assassinations now.

The early 1990s had the Rodney King beating and the LA riots. I would say that danger to police now is more dispersed nationwide due to media coverage, but not more dangerous than being a big city cop in the 90s.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top