JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And the public wonders "why did they have to shoot him so many times?"
7 didn't do it. I would have lit him up again when he got up.
I did wonder why they didn't taze him 30 seconds in.

I did wonder why they didn't taze him 30 seconds in.

Because the Taser has been elevated on the use of force ladder to an impedence tool, which is right under deadly force. Its no longer appropriate, according to the court, to use it to gain compliance prior to an active attack. If the attack involves a weapon, you're at the deadly force level and the taser is not reliable enough to depend on in a life or death situation.

That officer made a mistake letting him get control. Anyone know what injuries he sustained?

IIRC, he attempted to taze him very early - it failed. I believe 5 of the first 7 were hits.

ASP broke it down.

I am guessing if the better half of a magazine of 9MM didn't drop him, a taser would not have been very effective.

So what injuries did the officer sustain? It seemed that he was overpowered awfully fast by a guy with holes in him.

I have mentioned a few times. Now that there is so many camera's this is something we see often enough to scare me. LEO was so damn afraid he made what could have been a fatal mistake, letting the scum get his hands on him. I am sure somewhere in the news it will find the scum was high on something. Another great example of why drugs should be legal to just walk in a store and buy. Just imagine the fun with herds of people like this running around.
It's also why I started to carry 10 round mags in my 1911. Little .380 and .32 I sometimes use makes me think I may have to hope to make a head shot.
Drug zombies.

The car should have been the line in the sand. It could have been used to maintain distance from the blade AND keep the perp from getting out on the highway.

I was watching it thinking, surely he will drop him before they get out of the neighborhood.

He did, but because of the charge.

Because the Taser has been elevated on the use of force ladder to an impedence tool, which is right under deadly force. Its no longer appropriate, according to the court, to use it to gain compliance prior to an active attack. If the attack involves a weapon, you're at the deadly force level and the taser is not reliable enough to depend on in a life or death situation.

Thanks for the clarification. Another reason I would not make a good cop.
Thank you to all the officers out there. I don't envy what you have to go through.

Cops lucky he didn't get his throat slit. Good gracious, what's sad is watching videos of cops pulling their guns in situations where it is truly unneeded, and then, other cops timidly apply force in situations where it was needed much sooner.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top