JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought this is something I can share with you guys since its for a good cause.
WGO started a build-off from spare parts to complete a very unique AR-15, the whole concept was to generate revenue from this AR and donate 100% of it to USO.
The rifle has been completed and it looks just perfect.

Due to legal reasons it can't be raffled since that would be considered gambling so a Poker Shoot has been recommended. This will give you a chance to meet other individuals that enjoy the same things as you and have a chance to meet this beautiful rifle.

http://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3780

On September 22nd, the members of WaGuns.org set out on a project to help the U.S.O. We decided on building an AR-15 out of completely donated parts and $$. A few short months later and she is done.

We present to you, the USO Rifle.

Rifle is cerakoted in OD Green; Rock River lower with DPMS LPK, DPMS 1:9 Barrel w/ custom Gas Block, Rock River BCG and a full assortment of Magpul furniture. More parts may be added between now and the shoot.

The intent of this build was to raffle or sell it when it was done, and donate the proceeds to the USO. As this build has evolved, we have come up with a great way to give you a 'shot' at WINNING this rifle. You just need to ask yourself...."Are You Feeling Lucky?"

USO Poker Shoot
Here is how it works:
For $10 you get a ticket/receipt redeemable for a target with 52 playing cards on it (design in progress) and one free card that you pick from a face down mess of cards (you can use this in your hand or not). You then have 5 shots with a .22LR pistol to make the best hand possible by shooting at the cards you want to make your hand. The best hand WINS the USO Rifle. In the event of a tie, there will be a shoot off showing skill and marksmanship to decide the winner.

How Do I Participate?
Simple. Currently, the rifle is being stored at Countyline Shooting Sports in McKenna, WA. You can buy tickets there, or purchase online by emailing [email protected]. We are limiting this to 400 targets at this time. Additional targets may be available at the shoot, but no guarantees. You can buy as many "targets" as you wish though, $10/ea.

The Location:
The shoot will be held at the end of March (which coincidentally, aligns with the 1 year anniversary of WaGuns.org) at a centrally located range. We are leaving this part open slightly based upon participation. Champion Arms in Kent is a fantastic facility that can accommodate our needs for small to medium sized groups. If we end up with a larger group, then we may approach Renton Fish and Game. This final decision will be made by mid-February.

Here are the rules:
1) The Firearm: All shots will be made with a .22 pistol, open sights, unsupported and at a distance to be determined (as fair, yet challenging). .22 pistols and ammo will be provided free of charge or you can bring your own. All pistols must be .22LR, 8" or less barrel with open sights (no scope, no red-dot, no laser). Ammo.22LR, bring whatever your gun feeds well (edited on 12/13 - no shotshells).
2) You do NOT need to be there to win. In the event that you are not there, or that you cannot attend, your target can be shot at by an un-biased shooter on your behalf.
3) All participants must be legally allowed to posses, own and operate a firearm.
4) Winner of the USO Rifle must be eligible to own a firearm and agrees to the standard paperwork as required by an FFL.
5) WaGuns reserves the right to modify these rules as suggestions may present itself that will further benefit the cause and the event.
6) Shortly after the end of the Shoot Out, WaGuns.org will present a check made out to the USO with the proceeds of this event.

We are hoping to have additional prizes available at the shoot that will be used as door prizes, 2nd place, worst shooter etc etc. You may not miss the rifle, but that doesn't mean you have to leave empty handed!

WaGuns.org would like to thank the following people for helping make this dream build a reality:
Chris and crew @ Countyline Shooting Sports
Don @ Foothills Firearms
Jeff @ Guardian Tactical
Greg @ K&E Arms
Bill and Nick at Champion Arms
All of the awesome members and supporters at WaGuns.org - Index page

I challenge any retired service member to enter. I could not have survived a lot of transfers without the USO. My wife and i will be going to Mckenna to buy some tickets.
Of course if any Jarheads care to try an beat this retired SQUID I would like to see that. But the way Marines shoot i doubt it.
So all you GI's and Jarheads, heck even you wing-wipers(air force) ,oh lets not forget the puddle jumpers ( Coast Guard) get the tickets and make this the best dang poker shoot the USO has even seen.

I challenge any retired service member to enter. I could not have survived a lot of transfers without the USO. My wife and i will be going to Mckenna to buy some tickets.
Of course if any Jarheads care to try an beat this retired SQUID I would like to see that. But the way Marines shoot i doubt it.
So all you GI's and Jarheads, heck even you wing-wipers(air force) ,oh lets not forget the puddle jumpers ( Coast Guard) get the tickets and make this the best dang poker shoot the USO has even seen.

+1. They definitely made international traveling a lot easier for me. a place to get some rest, watch some tv and snack. plus you got to chat with other GI's and find out where orders were taking them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top