JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was in a gun shop about three weeks ago looking for a new weapon. There was a rifle that I held up just to feel it out. There was a customer standing by as I turned with the muzzle down, I said excuse me and motioned that I wanted to raise up the rifle. He moved but gave me a look as if something was wrong with me. All I was doing was giving a heads up and creating a safe line to shoulder the weapon. I don't know who taught some people firearm safety just hope it's not murphy's law. People can look at me funny all they want, at the end of the day I will not injure or kill someone with stupidity.

Part of why when I'm inspecting a weapon, I make the clerk clear it while I watch, then have THEM watch while I RE-clear it--both visually and by feel.

Also why I prefer vertical holsters whether hip or shoulder... unless there's a basement or upper floor involved, the ground is almost certainly a safe direction. I've yet to see ANY projectile that'll do a through-and-through of the Earth's crust... LOL

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top