JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys im getting ready for black friday and id like to start reloading im curious to what all i need from the research ive done the list i have to order is
Lee 9mm 3 piece carbide set
The lee hand press
Lee hand prime
A scale
A de primer and a trimmer
Calipers
Is there anything else i plan on getting more kits just want to start with 9mm amd work up
Ps ive been reading the lee loader book just dont have a place to ask questions

The de primer should be in the set you get in the 3 die set I think, mine all did.

A chamfer/deburring tool and something to clean the primer pockets are a few more cheap items for the list.

The hand primer will need the shell holder for it.(number 19)

Last Edited:
If you are looking at reloading 9mm, i would not chose a hand press to do it. Your hand will get tired real fast. I'd go at the very least a single stage press.

What's your budget? I can see getting that funky hand press and end up hating reloading. 9mm is not a straight wall case and is quite stiff to de-prime with the RCBS Rock Chucker. Well, you could lube every case, but then you have a residue. Lee Dies come with a shell holder, most others don't.

Everything you need but the dies, equipmentwise, that is

Yes that is a reasonable price. Of course once you actually get reloading and need to upgrade, and if you do reload you will, some of that stuff will actually still be usable later too. The Perfect Powder Measure is like the Lee LoadMaster press, I hear of a working one all the time, but when I actually go to see one of these nineth wonders of the world, it is some how missing, loaned out, sold, given away, packed up, kids sick, wife sick, etc., etc., I'm not say they don't exsist, but much like the Loc Ness monster and Big Foot, I would actually like seeing one first, and let's face it, there is at least quite a bit of evidence that Nessie and Big Foot actually exsist, but none that there is a properly working Lee Perfect Powder Measure or Load Master.

As mentioned buy a Lee kit. Loading 9mm and any strait wall pistol caliber is VERY easy. I would very much recommend getting the Lee Factory Crimp die also. You can buy it alone or in a 4 die set. They make it far easier to make reliable ammo. The hand press will of course work but for the difference in cost go with a Turret press or at least a single stage press. Once you get rolling you will be glad you spent the little extra. The Book Lee sells works great. You do want at least one book as mentioned. Now days you of course have the net too. When I started rolling I had seen it done a time or two but knew nothing. Bought a Lee kit with the book. Went to the store and bought Bullets, primers, and powder. Came home followed the book and cranked out first box. Went to shoot that they all were great. Having the net at your finger tips makes it VERY simple now, enjoy!!

Although not absolutely needed, i would highly suggest crimping your semi-auto loads too. It can save you much headache in the future, especially if you are chasing FTF issues.

:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads