JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cool. My disco was .25 cal also with lothar Walther barrel. Currently all I have in airguns is marauder pistol (.22). I added the tko muzzle brake and it is a night and day difference in sound. I highly recommend the tko if u are interested in reducing sound. It is very effective.

If you want to see something different, check out the Airgun Classifieds, I'm selling an AA S-400 that was converted to a pistol, although I'll admit, calling it a pistol is definitely using the term loosely. It was a custom build for a specific type of airgun competition, but I found it much more practical as an ultra-carbine. Fun little bird whacker and indoor target piece, but after getting back into firearms a couple of years ago, most of the airguns and associated stuff is going or gone. Later.

Dave

If you want to see something different, check out the Airgun Classifieds, I'm selling an AA S-400 that was converted to a pistol, although I'll admit, calling it a pistol is definitely using the term loosely. It was a custom build for a specific type of airgun competition, but I found it much more practical as an ultra-carbine. Fun little bird whacker and indoor target piece, but after getting back into firearms a couple of years ago, most of the airguns and associated stuff is going or gone. Later.

Dave
Nice gun! I added a brief note about a good non-benjamin air pump for $50 new in case anyone is wondering how to fill PCP guns without air tank cost.

BTW I have a benjamin pump that I don't use because it always blows the little oring in it (i think that is the problem anyway). If you know anyone that wants it for free let me know. Maybe they can fix it better than I can cuz every time I replace that oring it last about 2 fills and starts getting hard to pump.

These plastic bullets are hard to find and expensive. If they are reusable they'd be great. If they aren't, that's not so great.

I am considering this idea as an alternative to plastic bullets. If I was to take an undersized bullet and give it a thick coat of powder coat it could serve the same purpose as a plastic bullet. For example powder coat a .257 diameter bullet to a diameter of .264. Depending on dimensions of lands and grooves the rifling would mostly be engaging the powder coat as the projectile traveled down the bore. The same could work for .264 to .277 or .277 to .284 or .284 to .308. This would allow for greatly reduced loads and make for quieter shooting.

Edit: In the .257 to .264 example the lands would barely be engraving the actual bullet.

1000002795.jpg

These plastic bullets are hard to find and expensive. If they are reusable they'd be great. If they aren't, that's not so great.
I would shoot them, in the garage, into a cardboard box with crumpled up packing paper inside. The bullets would get trapped in the box. They certainly are reusable. I haven't shot them for ages, but still have them.

Trainer boxes.jpg Trainer case and bullet.jpg trainer assembeled.jpg

One thing not mentioned, and I'm surprised nobody else has encountered this...

I have some of these old Speer plastic cases and bullets. And when I've shot them, I've found the primer anvil to go down range with the bullet. But the anvil has its own plans and it can ricochet wherever it wants.

Mine are colored blue and black. The newer ones, red-colored, I don't know if the flash hole is smaller and maybe the anvil remains contained.

I have some of these old Speer plastic cases and bullets. And when I've shot them, I've found the primer anvil to go down range with the bullet.
I also discovered early on because the cases are plastic some would cushion the primers and they would not detonate.

I dumped the cases for sized, but not flared, .38 special brass and never a FTF after that.

They shoot really good - and accurately - out of a .357 rifle.

One thing not mentioned, and I'm surprised nobody else has encountered this...

I have some of these old Speer plastic cases and bullets. And when I've shot them, I've found the primer anvil to go down range with the bullet. But the anvil has its own plans and it can ricochet wherever it wants.

Mine are colored blue and black. The newer ones, red-colored, I don't know if the flash hole is smaller and maybe the anvil remains contained.
I've never had this problem with the red cases.

if you want some cheap practice try wax bullets. melt your wax in a shallow pan to desired thickness, let cool and use your prlmed case to cut your bullets cookie cutter style. my brother used these for mouse control years ago in his contender 357 mag. very effective with just a primer. leaving your wax slightly warm helps with cutting.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top