JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

I have heard of monkey gangs going on rampages, but not to this degree. If it were me, and I was in a locale that would allow it (the monkeys were not protected/endangered), I would not be trying to capture the monkeys, I would probably be hunting/eradicating them from the area. I am given to understand that the monkeys in India have become a huge problem in urban areas?

We have much the same thing here as those "protected monkeys" they have in India. Not exactly the same species (but, I hear they can interbreed)....
.... but in American Lib-glish they're called, "Loot Mobs" and "Mostly Peaceful Arsontesters". :s0155:

We're all links in the food chain.
There's food, and then there's food. I know some folks eat it, but I was offered some once and couldn't get down more than a couple of bites. The thought was too much like, well, eating one's cousin. Maybe if it was life or death.

Anyway, it was pretty tough and chewy.

I hear monkey meat is preatty tasty, fire up the BBQ, no bag limit.

There's food, and then there's food. I know some folks eat it, but I was offered some once and couldn't get down more than a couple of bites. The thought was too much like, well, eating one's cousin. Maybe if it was life or death.

Anyway, it was pretty tough and chewy.

Good enough for Leonardo.
It's too bad that the sound isn't better.

Aloha, Mark

Monkey's are little A-Holes. It always surprises me when I see tourists attempting to play and interact with them. I watched a western girl trying to feed one in India. Mr. Monkey took a really good bite out of her forearm before he took the food that she dropped.

So now she's sitting there with a wild animal bite and has to try and find competent medical care in third world shhh...err...crap-hole of a country.

Pro Tip: Do NOT mess with the monkeys.

Monkey's are little A-Holes. It always surprises me when I see tourists attempting to play and interact with them. I watched a western girl trying to feed one in India. Mr. Monkey took a really good bite out of her forearm before he took the food that she dropped.

So now she's sitting there with a wild animal bite and has to try and find competent medical care in third world shhh...err...crap-hole of a country.

Pro Tip: Do NOT mess with the monkeys.
This is people who are just too stupid to get out of their own way. Same thing happens here all the damn time. People think wild animals are cute, like on TV. Some find out the hard way that they are not.

You don't understand. The monkeys are reintroduced to protect the dog herds. It's scientifically proven by peer reviewed studies. More monkeys means more and healthier dogs because they only kill the sick dogs. My opinions are irrefutable. Also, Pluto isn't a planet and never was.

You don't understand. The monkeys are reintroduced to protect the dog herds. It's scientifically proven by peer reviewed studies. More monkeys means more and healthier dogs because they only kill the sick dogs. My opinions are irrefutable. Also, Pluto isn't a planet and never was.
Wait, Mickey's dog was a whole planet?

Wait, Mickey's dog was a whole planet?
No, Mickey's dog was a big chunk of ice on the outer edge of the solar system which has been downgraded to a planet-like object.

P.S. ODFW has not yet attempted to reintroduce wolves there, but rumor has it that Jeff Bezos has offered to donate a spacecraft for the project.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads