JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At the same time China is supplying the planet with much of the equipment needed to harness renewable energy, build and upgrade grids, they are building more coal plants. They will make money off the equipment sales and save money on fossil fuels at the same time. I was looking at our natural gas fired oven this evening and imagining how much electricity a replacment electric oven would use to put out the same 1 million btus. It will be enormous and take a lot of solar panels and batteries to run it especially at night. This will likely cause our energy cost to skyrocket and make us even less competitive than other countries like China that continue to use cheaper energy.

Edit: I would guess once we start replacing asphalt and concrete roads and rubber tires with recycled plastics, other countries will be ready to scoop up the non-renewables we abandon at a discounted price. As a bonus they may start sending us their garbage so we can very expensively turn it into roads and tires.

Last Edited:
There must be a long-term plan that was known to insiders for some time now. PacifiCorp (Pacific Power and Rocky Mountain Power) was bought by Warren Buffet (Berkshire Hathaway) in 2006. When a famously savvy investor buys your regulated public utility, get ready for rate increases.

PP has had a multi-tier rate program for many years. The more "green" the source of the energy, the higher the rate. The regulators are complicit in this. For now, the customer gets to choose the rate, but I don't expect that to last much longer, given the attitude of the ruling party.

Last Edited:
PP has had a multi-tier rate program for many years. The more "green" the source of the energy, the higher the rate. The regulators are complicit in this. For now, the customer gets to choose the rate, but I don't expect that to last much longer, given the attitude of the ruling party.
You are probably right. My BIL, who lives in PA, tells me that his power company adds a "green energy" surcharge to all bills. No consumer choice involved.

The guberment is. Currently they can't control millions of gas stations. Most cities, however, have one power company. Much easier to throttle back the juice, say, during a pandemic when the guberment wants to force you to stay home.

This will be coupled with digital currency and social credit scores. They're already beginning to code purchases to identify those with...improper...spending habits...like buying guns and ammo.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top