JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can see not having pics of like ammo and brass and stuff but it's always nice.. especially if hobbit feets are poking into the frame.
lol

but they can somehow manage to create both an email and sign up on this forum...

This, I don't buy that you can learn to use the internet, find this site, have an email address, register for an account, figure out how to use and post in the classifieds, but can't figure out how to use the upload photo button.:confused:

Then there are all the SOB's here that never sell a gun.
Just post pictures! :eek: :D

Mwahahaha........

IMG_7212.jpg

Jimminy Christmas I just got the pics up tonight okay?!!! :D

It is sometimes annoying to not see pictures when you click on an ad, but if the description and the price seem to be in line I don't mind. Just email or text for some. It is extremely easy to post pictures on this forum. Others it can be quite a chore.

Exactly, there's really no excuse for not having pictures with your ad, especially since we're often selling things like guns where condition is an extremely important factor.

Well not so fast........wasn't there just a discussion about photos being hijacked and used in Armslist scams?

E

Well not so fast........wasn't there just a discussion about photos being hijacked and used in Armslist scams?

E
what are the odds and consequences? ....so someone stole your pic to sell their own gun or scam. One can always delete their pics here after they sell it anyhow. Id say if one is really worried about that kinda stuff they probably shouldn't be on the web at all.

It used to be a little bit of a chore to post up pictures on here.

Now that the sight hosts pic directly, it's so easy even I can do it!

Thank you @Joe Link !!

So yah, not a fan of the no pic ads. Also not a fan of the pics that are posted that are grabbed off of a gun broker or whathave you ad.

You want to list your whatever on gunbroker for 1.5- 2-3X the expected price? Shure! Absolutely!

But then don't be coming on here to list it at similar X times the expected price just because some prince in Namibia expressed interest on Gunbroker and will send you a $50000 check electronically just give there brother in law back some change and mail him the gun. Sounds great that you can keep $5000 cash extra for the troubles though, doesn't it?

Oh and mail the gun to Chicago, because he'll be visiting the Kings wife there. Has to be there in 2 days though. Don't worry, the check will be electronically sent as soon as you give the Prince your account information and social...

maybe its not the website itself, maybe some people just dont know how to use cameras. I gotta say i dont know how some of you use computers for forumso_O
The mobile is very fluid and easy to post pics with*

maybe its not the website itself, maybe some people just dont know how to use cameras. I gotta say i dont know how some of you use computers for forumso_O
Mobile apps are the bain of my existense. Well not really, but I do dislike them. Hate everything about them. I just want it to look like the desktop version at all times. And have full functionality.

Mobile apps are the bain of my existense. Well not really, but I do dislike them. Hate everything about them. I just want it to look like the desktop version at all times. And have full functionality.

There have been a lot of changes that have occurred in photography in the last 25 years. If you grew up in the film era {like me}, the current technology can seem daunting and even annoying. I totally detest "smarty-phones", and never pick one up for a photo unless I have to. Every time I do, my gorilla mitts activate six functions I don't want and I invent a new cuss word that the forum software here wouldn't even recognize. This from someone whose profession required a proficiency in photography equal to qualifying with firearms.

Conversely, if you missed the film days, taking a decent photo without auto exposure, auto focus, auto flash, auto ISO, auto vibration reduction, and pretty much auto everything else would be a bummer to many.

I went through a period of denial of ever needing to go back into imaging in the digital age. I finally decided to force myself or I would never again be able to share things like.....

upload_2017-12-3_21-15-4.jpeg

Last Edited:
I totally detest "smarty-phones", and never pick one up for a photo unless I have to. Every time I do, my gorilla mitts activate six functions I don't want and I invent a new cuss word that the forum software here wouldn't even recognize. force myself or I would never again be able to share things like.....

There's an app for that...

There are still a lot of people that can't for their life, post a pic.
It is one of the Laws of the Jungle in the computer age.

Maybe some of those folks think it's the same here as posting a photo on ifish? I know how to do it, (I think, it's been a long time). I just don't want to take the time.

This, I don't buy that you can learn to use the internet, find this site, have an email address, register for an account, figure out how to use and post in the classifieds, but can't figure out how to use the upload photo button.:confused:

I have an issue with quality of photos. Having a pic of a blued gun in the shadows? What's up with that. And the ones that when you zoom in good to look at the turn line, or for buggered screws, and it's too blurry at that point to see. Learn to hold the camera still, and squeeeeeze. And then look at your picture posted, if they suck, re-do 'em.

Just bumped my ad for some reloading bullets with no pics just to poke the bear!:D

Most of them have sold or traded off, so.....

Neener, neener, neener:p

I have an issue with quality of photos. Having a pic of a blued gun in the shadows? What's up with that. And the ones that when you zoom in good to look at the turn line, or for buggered screws, and it's too blurry at that point to see. Learn to hold the camera still, and squeeeeeze. And then look at your picture posted, if they suck, re-do 'em.

Bingo ! How hard could it be ? If you managed to get a crappy photo on-line...just click edit, delete and fix it!

One of my pet peeves...upside down photos !

Don't these guys even look at what they have just posted ? And when someone calls them on it...they say "yeah, don't know how that happens" Well here's a clue...turn the gun UPSIDE DOWN or TURN THE CAMERA UPSIDE DOWN, and try again !
{Before someone says it, no I am not going to turn my computer upside down}

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads