JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is not a B1tCh, just a perplexing observation from a consumers point of view
Subject has likely come up before but I either cant remember, (most likely) or couldn't come up with the right key words, but even this old man found a way to post pictures on this forum.
I don't understand the aversion to, or is seemingly downright obstinate in not posting pictures for sale ads.
Why do some deny easy visual access if a sale is truly what they seek.

Heck, I caught flack from a moderator some time ago just because I did not word the title enticingly, or accurately, enough they felt ambiguous! (OK, it was ambiguous, but like those I'm mentioning here, it was my post)

There have been a few even become cantankerous when pictures were asked to be posted.
"I said I'll text them to you!" Some have angrily retorted.
But I don't have a cell phone!
Even if I had, I still don't want to Willy Nilly send my phone # to the cyber space or even unknown ad snobs. I already get a minimum of four unsolicited calls a day to my land line and I'm on every no call list I could find!
With all the phishing and other forms of unkindly intrusion happening, I don't like sending E mails to the unknown without earnest interest and the feeling (at least) the other party is on the up and up.
Some times earnest interest is inspired by the pictures. Admit it, you have all found something you had to have from seeing a picture when previously you were happy without it.
Also I don't like having to click on another, and unknown, link to who knows where, just to view the picture portion of their ad. though happened on this site, (that I know of) but has had detrimental side affects other places.
By the title, some ads spark interest but when the seller won't meet you half way, I ignore them.
Nor will I buy from catalogs that show their wares via drawings in lieu of pictures. Lord knows pictures can be deceiving enough, but drawings? Really? In my mind some have unmitigated gall. Even when I want something it comes only with inspection and refusal rights if used, and inspection and return rights if not.

Their right to do so of course, albeit likely their loss.

Seems like a lot of adds have popped up lately with out pictures! If they can't be botherd to post an actual picture of the item they wish to sell, I'm not going to bother contacting them for a sale!

Case in point, there is a 1916 Steyr 1911 9 MM posted with no photos or real description, just a number to call or text!:(
That would be something i would like to see detailed photos of and a good description before i decided I was interested or not!

Case in point, rhwre is a 1916 Dryer 1911 posted with no photos or real description, just a number to call or text!:(
That would be something i would like to see detailed photos of and a good description before i decided I was interested or not!

:s0153: :D

28HAIRDRYERS-slide-ZCA0-superJumbo.jpg

Posting pictures is not hard at all, if you have a computer to post an ad, you could probably find a free camera somewhere to post pictures, everyone uses their phone nowadays so all those little cameras are sitting unused.

Pictures do help, even selling a box of bullets, you don't need a picture to know what they look like, but it's still nice.

The "I'll text you pictures" are the worst, if you have the capability to text me a picture, you sure as h**l have the ability to upload it and save us all the trouble.

If they can't be botherd to post an actual picture of the item they wish to sell, I'm not going to bother contacting them for a sale!
If I can't see a min of a couple good pics then I'm not interested.

^ Agreed. I've seen those type of ads here and elsewhere. I just shrug and move on, because there is simply no reason to bother.

Many of us are the visual type. We want to see a picture. It is also good marketing. I will stop and look at a picture. I might not stay to read your written description without a picture. Pictures help sell.

Case in point, there is a 1916 Steyr 1911 9 MM posted with no photos or real description, just a number to call or text!:(

Yeah he's also got a baby Browning pistol with no pictures.

There are still a lot of people that can't for their life, post a pic.
It is one of the Laws of the Jungle in the computer age.

but they can somehow manage to create both an email and sign up on this forum...

then there are the ones in the classifieds that use a picture copied elsewhere from the internet to show what their gun looks like.

agree with the OP, no pic no sale. If they don't have an original pic they are hiding something.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top