JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
http://wtop.com/government/2017/06/another-police-shooting-acquittal-worries-black-gun-owners/

The fall out is something else - and subject for concern.
- Protests?
- Direct Actions?

The verdict "tells African-Americans across the country that they can be killed by police officers with impunity, even when they are following the law," said Rep. Cedric Richmond, a Louisiana Democrat who is chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus.

The verdict also tells blacks that "the Second Amendment does not apply to them" because Castile "was honest with the officer about having a weapon in the car, and there is no evidence that he attempted to or intended to use the weapon against the officer," the Louisiana Democrat said.

The Acquittal Verdict In The Philando Castile Case Is An Abomination

It is a genuinely open question whether an American police officer can do almost anything without suffering criminal consequences. Americans have a profoundly stupid and misguided deferential attitude toward law enforcement, one which presumes that police officers—fallible, often incompetent, and frequently temperamental human beings—are worthy of some sort of extra-special benefit of the doubt about their professional behavior. American citizens have no problem suing doctors for their back molars on the flimsiest of pretexts, but we generally cannot bring ourselves to convict police officers for demonstrably inept and reckless behavior that often costs people their lives.

First Yanez states that he didn't know where Castile's weapon was and that made him nervous. Then he says Castile was reaching for the weapon. He was reaching where? He was reaching for a weapon that Yanez did not know the location of? Makes no sense. Have you ever tried getting your wallet out of your right hip pocket while carrying at the 4 o'clock position and sitting in a vehicle with a seat belt on? The officer panicked, pure and simple. Then after the shooting he froze. He forgot how to do a potential felony stop. He forgot how to clear the car. He forgot he had backup. He forgot all protocol because he was frozen with fear. He should find another line of work.

I am actually shocked with the police officer's reckless shooting that he didn't blow that little girl's head off. Supposedly the bullet came only inches from hitting the little girl. If an ordinary citizen tried pulling off what Yanez did, he would be behind bars for a while and probably lose his right to own and carry a gun.

The law always has the upper hand on all of us little people, black or white, to be honest. The fact is that black people make the news more and are usually in areas with higher amounts of crime. Yes, proportionally there are more black people committing crimes since they are the ones prevalent in the crime-ridden black neighborhoods. Sadly, law-abiding citizens are always victims of the criminal elements around them. Many honest and young black men suffer from the criminality of black gangs and criminal element more than the rest of us.

And, of course Black Lives Matter movement is just a terrorist group using these events to stir up controversy, enrich themselves with the publicity and try to instigate a race war. The fact that Black Lives Matter defends violent perpetrators who have been proven to have been guilty of their crimes and attacks respectable police officers just makes the group all the worse. In fact, BLM causes more harm to black people than it helps. A group like BLM could have done good in the case of someone like Philando Castile, but all their "Boy Cries Wolf" rhetoric, where they have protests defending robbers, thieves and people who tried to kill police officers now just makes everyone write them off as a group of racist radicals with an ulterior agenda, which is the truth. Sadly, when innocent men like Castile are killed, nobody will really take it serous. Of course, I think race baiting works against any race and just creates animosity.

However, a felony stop in Seattle with a white guy in the car could have easily have gone the same way. There are a lot of hot tempered, nervous and poorly trained cops in Seattle and I have seen them. Some are good, but I tell you I would be pretty nervous being stopped by a Seattle cop looking at their track record. Even if I comply with all commands and follow protocol I'd be worried that they may not do the same. Big city cops don't always play by the rules either. Being a dead white guy who was gunned down by the cops, I would be written off as another worthless white junkie/tweaker in this city, even if I am not a drug addict. It just that since race cannot be used as a factor, the media story will not be a good seller and not worth reporting or gaining any national recognition. The media loves drama and a white guy being gunned down by a police officer is not news worthy material.

im glad i dont go many places. im also glad the local LEOs are gun friendly where i live.

the other day i come walkin out my garage with an AR pistol with a can on it, a modified AR15, an AR10 strapped to my back and a glock in my hand to load in my truck...my neighbor, the local PD chief is watering his lawn and says "DUDE! we need to go shoot!!"

Video footage shows Minn. traffic stop that ended with Philando Castile's death

Dash cam video in the article. I watched it, wow. The way he fired that many rounds into the vehicle with passenger and kid on board.

That video is pretty damning. It's a miracle the kid wasn't hit by any of the seven rounds.

NOTICE: the other officer doesn't draw his firearm, and DOESN'T SHOOT. I'm assuming Castile is right-handed and the 2nd officer would have had a clear view of Castile. Officer Yanez looks like he just straight up panicked.

Panicked. And recklessly fired into a car with multiple occupants. I mean, he put his gun completely in the car to shoot. That right there is bad technique. This whole thing stinks and should make all us CHL/CPL/CWL holders nervous!

And Jeronimo was acquitted! This is just wrong. Period.

However, a felony stop in Seattle with a white guy in the car could have easily have gone the same way. There are a lot of hot tempered, nervous and poorly trained cops in Seattle and I have seen them. Some are good, but I tell you I would be pretty nervous being stopped by a Seattle cop looking at their track record. Even if I comply with all commands and follow protocol I'd be worried that they may not do the same. Big city cops don't always play by the rules either. Being a dead white guy who was gunned down by the cops, I would be written off as another worthless white junkie/tweaker in this city, even if I am not a drug addict. It just that since race cannot be used as a factor, the media story will not be a good seller and not worth reporting or gaining any national recognition. The media loves drama and a white guy being gunned down by a police officer is not news worthy material.

Seattle PD is trying to change, but times and circumstances are tough. Shooting a mentally ill pregnant lady who happens to be black (even armed with a knife), is really bad optics... even if it turns out to be justified.

These days, Seattle PD is under a microscope and any shoot is going to be closely examined, but maybe Seattle PD should have considered the consequences of hiring a loose cannon who chases after wood carvers and executes them in the street.

im glad i dont go many places. im also glad the local LEOs are gun friendly where i live.

the other day i come walkin out my garage with an AR pistol with a can on it, a modified AR15, an AR10 strapped to my back and a glock in my hand to load in my truck...my neighbor, the local PD chief is watering his lawn and says "DUDE! we need to go shoot!!"

Need more friendly cops like this!

Dude! We need to go shoot!! :)

upload_2017-6-22_21-27-53.png

Striking police video released of aftermath of Philando Castile shooting

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR